British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Jobs Wanted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/jobs-wanted-137/)
-   -   Diesel Fitter / Generator fitters (https://britishexpats.com/forum/jobs-wanted-137/diesel-fitter-generator-fitters-719497/)

JBD Jun 3rd 2011 5:23 pm

Diesel Fitter / Generator fitters

Hi all,

I am looking to move abroad to Canada, however I would consider Australia or New Zealand. A little brief summery of my experience; I spent 5 Years in the Army as a Vehicle Mechanic where I gained experience working on , DAF, Volvo FL12 Dump trucks, Frame Steers, CAT Excavators, CAT FLTs, Groves Cranes and Generators.

I then spent two years working offshore traveling around Europe, North Africa and the Americas inspecting and repairing offshore hydraulic pedestal cranes on Merchant ships.

Since then I have spent the last year and half working as a Maintenance Manager where I am mostly responsible for the inspection and repair of the overhead cranes, the fleet of fork lift trucks and Generators.

The reason why I want to move abroad is for a better quality of life that I feel the UK does not provide me. I am only 28 but have already achieved alot in my working experience and my knowledge of diesel engines is exceptional.

Am I right in thinking that most companies do not normally sponsor diesel fitter/ Plant Fitters? If I was to secure my own visa for me and my fiancee are the job opportunities in Canada/Oz and NZ plentiful or could I face many months trying to secure a job?

If anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated.

bencreen Jun 6th 2011 8:28 am

Re: Diesel Fitter / Generator fitters

I have 457 visa opportunities for diesel fitters in Mackay Qld.

It's a beautiful place with 31 beaches, the Great Barrier Reef, rainforests and the Whitsundays.

If you're interested please send me a private message.

PhillN01 Sep 22nd 2011 9:15 am

Re: Diesel Fitter / Generator fitters

I have an opening for a diesel mech / fitter fabricator in Brisbane working on Generators, maintenance and installations, PM me if your interested, www.jubileenrg.com

Originally Posted by JBD (Post 9408159)
Hi all,

I am looking to move abroad to Canada, however I would consider Australia or New Zealand. A little brief summery of my experience; I spent 5 Years in the Army as a Vehicle Mechanic where I gained experience working on , DAF, Volvo FL12 Dump trucks, Frame Steers, CAT Excavators, CAT FLTs, Groves Cranes and Generators.

I then spent two years working offshore traveling around Europe, North Africa and the Americas inspecting and repairing offshore hydraulic pedestal cranes on Merchant ships.

Since then I have spent the last year and half working as a Maintenance Manager where I am mostly responsible for the inspection and repair of the overhead cranes, the fleet of fork lift trucks and Generators.

The reason why I want to move abroad is for a better quality of life that I feel the UK does not provide me. I am only 28 but have already achieved alot in my working experience and my knowledge of diesel engines is exceptional.

Am I right in thinking that most companies do not normally sponsor diesel fitter/ Plant Fitters? If I was to secure my own visa for me and my fiancee are the job opportunities in Canada/Oz and NZ plentiful or could I face many months trying to secure a job?

If anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated.