Reload this Page >

Couple looking to move to canada

Couple looking to move to canada

Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Sian22040 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple looking to move to canada

Hi all,
My fiancé and I are looking for work in Canada we are still in the Uk at the moment but will hopefully be taking a trip to Canada after Christmas. We are looking mainly at Kitchener Ontario as we have family there but are open to all areas.

I work in the underwriting department of a car large insurance firm . I have 2 years experience in underwriting but 5.5 years in car insurance.

My partner is a qualified gas heating engineer / plumber. He has 12 years experience with the last 2 being self employed.

Any advice on the best way to get job offers also great

Thanks
Sian
Old Sep 8th 2016, 12:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple looking to move to canada

Have you read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki? That's full of useful advice, Canada is very different to the UK as it's all about personal contact, so applications made over the internet are rarely even acknowledged.

But as you've got a trip planned that would be the perfect opportunity to job hunt in person, so the Wiki will help you figure out a plan to do that.

Do you need a job offer/sponsorship to get a visa? That will also make a big difference as you'll find it much easier to get work if you are already work authorised and don't need an employer to go to the cost/hassle of hiring you. Your partner will also need to get provincially certified, that will also help as if he's already got that sorted he'll be much more employable.

Best of luck.