Reload this Page >

calling cablers/security technicians

calling cablers/security technicians

Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Jinn100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default calling cablers/security technicians

Hi mates

I am in Melbourne right now and seeking a job in the industry, I hold open cabling licence, security licence, ohs card and can't find a job.
Can anyone help me to find anything, even as a trainee, or volunteer to get local work experience.
Please let me know.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Midaho will become famous soon enough
Default Re: calling cablers/security technicians

Originally Posted by Jinn100
Hi mates

I am in Melbourne right now and seeking a job in the industry, I hold open cabling licence, security licence, ohs card and can't find a job.
Can anyone help me to find anything, even as a trainee, or volunteer to get local work experience.
Please let me know.
Hi Jinn

I'm afraid I can't help with a job, as such, but I would be interested to know how you obtained the security licence. Have you been in Australia for over a year. I have an issue with references as I have not known a high court judge or police officer personnally for over a year.

Re Jobs, there are recruitment agencies as there are elsewhere in the world. The good old white pages are also a great place to start. I have been informed that good security techs are hard to find.

Where are you originally from and how long have you been here. And more importantly perhaps, how much experience do you have?
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Jinn100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lived in Australia for 16 months so I know referees, but was not easy to find them and wait 12 months, now when I have a licence still can't find a job, agencies are useless, I tried to send cv to security companies found in internet and yellow pages but no success. Everyone asks me for local experience only, and I try to find a volunteer job hauling cables and also can't.
If you have a problem to find referees, try any accountant, I knew a guy who paid his accountant 50$ and got references, however the accountant asked him "what do I know about you? you can be a serial killer, hitman, thief, I see you once a year for 15 minutes". Other guy got references after 3 months, and it looks police didn't discover he hadn't been for 12 months in Oz, they also didn't ring my referees to check references. Many people provide fake references and it works.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Midaho will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jinn100
I have lived in Australia for 16 months so I know referees, but was not easy to find them and wait 12 months, now when I have a licence still can't find a job, agencies are useless, I tried to send cv to security companies found in internet and yellow pages but no success. Everyone asks me for local experience only, and I try to find a volunteer job hauling cables and also can't.
If you have a problem to find referees, try any accountant, I knew a guy who paid his accountant 50$ and got references, however the accountant asked him "what do I know about you? you can be a serial killer, hitman, thief, I see you once a year for 15 minutes". Other guy got references after 3 months, and it looks police didn't discover he hadn't been for 12 months in Oz, they also didn't ring my referees to check references. Many people provide fake references and it works.
Thanks Jinn. Think I may have references now. The problem is I do not want to offer fake ones. Makes a bit of a mockery of the security licence that way.

So, what experience do you have, where have you worked before. And, how did you end up in Australia. I know that security tech isn't on the list. HAve tried that one myself