Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

Any steelwork vacancies?

Any steelwork vacancies?

Old Oct 1st 2019, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Cheisfern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any steelwork vacancies?

hi, currently in the uk working as a steelwork site manager in and around the London area. Looking to get away to work and experience a new country.

I have all site tickets although not sure if they will be accepted in Canada.

Any my help would be greatly appreciated.

chris
Old Oct 1st 2019, 8:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any steelwork vacancies?

Hi, welcome to BE.

Do you already have a visa allowing you to work in Canada? That will make a big difference, if you have a visa and an employer doesn't need to go through the cost/hassle/paperwork of sponsoring you. The Job Hunting section of the Wiki would be worth a read if you've not found it already, and if you haven't already checked, do look to see if your occupation is regulated in Canada and see if you'll need to sit any exams etc to work there.

You've posted this in the Jobs Offered section, so I'll move it to the right place for you. Your profile says you want to work in Oz, but your thread says Canada, is there a mistake on one of them?

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 1st 2019 at 8:08 am.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheisfern
hi, currently in the uk working as a steelwork site manager in and around the London area. Looking to get away to work and experience a new country.

I have all site tickets although not sure if they will be accepted in Canada.

Any my help would be greatly appreciated.

chris
Hamilton ON was the biggest steel city in North America... There is a sign up currently that they are recruiting 200 welders so there's still a lot of activity. Might be worth googling Hamilton steel jobs?
Old Oct 16th 2019, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Do you mean site manager for a General Contractor or a Steel Erecting Gang