Reload this Page >

Aircraft engineering work UAE

Aircraft engineering work UAE

Old Jan 21st 2017, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

kernowchris1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aircraft engineering work UAE

Hi

I am a military trained aircraft mechanical fitter with experience on AW101 and Seaking (WS61) helicopters. Ideally looking for work in Abu Dhabi but open to offers. Looking at doing my licenses in the future so ideally civilian aircraft.

UK based. 1 month notice at current role.

Thanks

Chris
Old Jan 21st 2017, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aircraft engineering work UAE

Not much chance outside UK without appropriate licences. With HELO experience you are probably better off looking at UK based helicopter work and study for your licences at the same time.
Once you have licences and experience to back them up, that's the time to start looking further abroad.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

where are you working at the present?
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:11 am
Just Joined

In the UK at a MRO facility. Thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by calman014
Not much chance outside UK without appropriate licences. With HELO experience you are probably better off looking at UK based helicopter work and study for your licences at the same time.
Once you have licences and experience to back them up, that's the time to start looking further abroad.
I have seen fitter jobs advertised. The difficulty is that the aircraft I work on now are military so there is no need for licensing and I cannot get that type. Closest are AW189 and I cannot get that type without working on them. How about Ammroc? Is it possible to get work there?
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kernowchris1981
In the UK at a MRO facility. Thanks
That could be anywhere..but anyway, what about HELO operations in support of the North Sea Oil/Gas operations? Have you investigated that?

That would be a path to gaining licences first before moving on.