Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Online publishing company urgently needs excellent writers!

Online publishing company urgently needs excellent writers!

Old May 21st 2010, 11:13 am
Just Joined

peteln123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Online publishing company urgently needs excellent writers!

We are a global company that writes on multiple topics on an ongoing basis. If you are a
writer, or aspiring writer, and want to work at your own pace, we may be the group for you!

Choose to work part-time or full-time from the convenience of your home. You must have an excellent
command of the English language.

Visit - http://www.londonbrokers.net now to get started!
Old May 22nd 2010, 9:08 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online publishing company urgently needs excellent writers!

$5 for a 750 word article. Ouch.
Old May 22nd 2010, 1:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peteln123
We are a global company that writes on multiple topics on an ongoing basis. If you are a
writer, or aspiring writer, and want to work at your own pace, we may be the group for you!

Choose to work part-time or full-time from the convenience of your home. You must have an excellent
command of the English language.

Visit - http://www.londonbrokers.net now to get started!
I was initially tempted but $6.50 for an article is not alot when you think of the effort that goes into writing an article.
Old May 22nd 2010, 1:26 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
$5 for a 750 word article. Ouch.
Exactly Hutch, the NUJ's rates are several hundred (pounds), can you imagine working for that?

Shame as I was interested initially.
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:38 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Exactly Hutch, the NUJ's rates are several hundred (pounds), can you imagine working for that?

Shame as I was interested initially.
I went as far as to sign up. Somewhat naively I only checked the 'rates' page after I was accepted.
Old May 23rd 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

At those low rates I doubt they are expecting anything of substantial quality. Websites need content to feed to search engines.

If you really need the money, this is a good way to make some quick cash. Take existing articles and rewrite them. Some people Another option is voice recognition software, Dragon Naturally Speaking is one.

If you have a good system going, you can churn out an article in 15 minutes.
Old May 23rd 2010, 3:46 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Examiner.com is structured the same way. Peanuts for too much effort. Don't bother.
Old May 23rd 2010, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by gingerert
Examiner.com is structured the same way. Peanuts for too much effort. Don't bother.
Not worth it at all. Any writer would aim to write good copy and nothing less but to write for a few dollars woul be soul destroying.
Old May 24th 2010, 1:18 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
At those low rates I doubt they are expecting anything of substantial quality. Websites need content to feed to search engines.

If you really need the money, this is a good way to make some quick cash. Take existing articles and rewrite them. Some people Another option is voice recognition software, Dragon Naturally Speaking is one.

If you have a good system going, you can churn out an article in 15 minutes.
I could write a 300 word article on most subjects in about five minutes, including the two minutes it takes to skim a subject in Google.

I suspect you're right though - with a voice dictation system you could probably churn through enough 'articles' to make a couple of hundred bucks a week. Pretty soul-destroying work though - I know I couldn't do it - not because i'm not capable of such turn-arounds but because it would drive me more mental. Well, more mental.