British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Job Offers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/)
-   -   Looking for Native English speakers in Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/looking-native-english-speakers-malaysia-857817/)

Malaysiabound May 7th 2015 8:45 pm

Looking for Native English speakers in Malaysia

Hi all.

I'm specifically looking for native English speakers to assist me with my proofreading, translation and editing services.

I currently have a fantastic group of freelancers that I would like to add to. Would suit retired, semi-retired individuals with time on their hands. The majority of my work comes from Malaysian Students (payments are usually in Malaysian currency). Note: I am getting an increasing number of requests for paraphrasing ; so if this is your forte, this could be for you

Although I would prefer to hire expats in Malaysia (because they are generally used to Malaysian's particular ways of doing and saying things), this position is really open to anyone with an internet connection, patience, sense of humour, and a good command of the English language (the patience element is essential .

For more details, please please please PM me as soon as possible. Kindly include a) your email address and b) a short synopsis of yourself; I will email you back as quickly as I possibly can.

Thanks and kind regards, Phil

Karriean May 15th 2015 6:17 am

Hi Phil,
My husband brought this to my attention and I am new to this board. When I tried to send you the PM, this is the message I received.
"The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts."
So I'll post something here 3 times and then perhaps I'll be able to get through to you.

2nd posting: I currently reside in Melaka and am retired, although I spend some of my time teaching dance and rehearsing for theatre.

3rd posting: I enjoy reading and I like writing. I used to write for a magazine when I lived in Singapore. I look forward to hearing from you, Phil.

christmasoompa May 15th 2015 6:24 am

Re: Looking for Native English speakers in Malaysia

Originally Posted by Karriean (Post 11646592)
Hi Phil,
My husband brought this to my attention and I am new to this board. When I tried to send you the PM, this is the message I received.
"The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts."
So I'll post something here 3 times and then perhaps I'll be able to get through to you.

Please don't - it's really not on to join the forum and then post just to use the PM system. If you join in the forums properly as a genuine member then you'll have no problem reaching the 3 post requirement soon. Alternatively, just email the OP via the forum.

HTH.

BEVS May 15th 2015 11:23 am

Re: Looking for Native English speakers in Malaysia

Anyone wishing to contact the OP may do so via a BE email.

Sorry to the OP and not your fault but it is not OK for people to join and make nonsense posts to circumnavigate the system. All it takes is to join in with the community for real.

Thread closed .