British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Job Offers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/)
-   -   Live-in couple required for caretaking/DIY/childminding/housework - South of France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/live-couple-required-caretaking-diy-childminding-housework-south-france-784016/)

JemimaWinder Jan 16th 2013 10:00 am

Live-in couple required for caretaking/DIY/childminding/housework - South of France

We are a couple in our 30s living in a beautiful old farmhouse in the South of France who need help with our gite business and looking after our 14 month old boy/girl twins. There is plenty work for 2 people and we are looking for a couple as accommodation is in a small 1 bedroom house. We would consider all ages but we need people who are reasonably fit and outdoorsy.

Work:
We need flexible people as tasks are diverse and will vary from week to week. They will include:

- caretaking
- gardening and possibly animal care
- general maintenance
- DIY projects eg. painting, plastering, fencing, repairs
- childminding
- guest changeovers
- housework

Our 17th century farmhouse is located in the middle of the Haut Languedoc National Park, in 10 hectares of woodland on a South facing hillside surrounded by stunning landscape. We have our own pool and there is plenty of opporunity for outdoor activities in the area (sailing, hiking, riding etc). We are fairly isolated - the nearest shops are a 15 minute drive away in St.Pons de Thomieres so your own transport is essential).
The nearest airport is an hour away in Beziers (Ryanair fly there from Manchester, Luton and Bristol). Carcassonne and Toulouse airports are 2 hours away.

Accommodation:
The little house is newly renovated and separate from the main house. It has a small living room, kitchen (with bread oven!) and bathroom split across 3 levels. The bed is on a low level mezzanine. You would have internet via a wifi dongle of 3GB a month and use of the swimming pool during Summer.

This is a unique and long-term opportunity for the right people so references and experience are essential. If interested please email your CVs and covering email including salary expectations.

elaineablett Jan 24th 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Live-in couple required for caretaking/DIY/childminding/housework - South of Fran

Hi Jemima
I read with interest your advertisement for a couple to help with your gite business and the care of your young children and so I would like to tell you about the experiences of myself and my husband.

I am a qualified NNEB and have a Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education and Care. I have worked for over 20 years in the early years field (in private, voluntary and public sector) both at practitioner and management level. I have also undertaken lots of extra training. I am also a qualified Forest School Leader (I am a great believer in children learning outdoors) – which Forest School is all about.

My husband’s profession is Human Resources – he was a Personnel Manager with a multinational blue chip company for many years.

We ourselves have lived abroad – we moved to Spain in 2003 and set up a property management company (managing 35+ holiday properties) and estate agency (so have lots of experience of managing properties, seeing to property maintenance and repairs, preparing properties for incoming guests, quick changeovers etc etc). After living on the coast for some time, we move inland to live in the mountains at the foothills of a National Park in a real Spanish community, so are used to living in a pretty remote area with no amenities close by.

We moved back to the UK in 2009 due to the collapse in the property market. Since then I have been working in the early years field, however we would both love to live abroad again (our son lives in Paris).
We are both 57 years old (but young 57!) we spend lots of time looking after our 9 year old granddaughter and daughter’s 1 year old foster child. Before sending CV’s I would like to know if you would give our application consideration and if you could give an indication of salary.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Elaine (you can reply on: [email protected])

JemimaWinder Jan 25th 2013 1:04 pm

Re: Live-in couple required for caretaking/DIY/childminding/housework - South of Fran

Hi,

You sound great but salary would depend on your partner's practical skills. Could you email your CVs through to [email protected] and also let me know whether you have a car, if you smoke and your availability please?

thanks, Jemima

stewsharon Feb 5th 2013 8:52 am

Hi Jemima, I have just read your post and i ( we ) would like to apply for the position. I have spent many years overseas working for myself in home maintenance and feel i have all the sound experience regarding home/garden maintenance. My partner has spent the last couple of years helping me with various duties. My partner also holds a NVQ LEVEL 3 in child care learning and development,please feel free to contact us on

Regarding this position we have no huge salary expectations. look forward to your response regards stewart.