British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Job Offers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/)
-   -   Hydraulic Hose Fitters/Mechanical Fitters (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/hydraulic-hose-fitters-mechanical-fitters-930127/)

Ady Whit Jan 3rd 2020 12:50 am

Hydraulic Hose Fitters/Mechanical Fitters

Hi, we are looking at recruiting experienced Hydraulic Hose Fitters for work in regional Australia, Regional at the moment can be considered all of Victoria/WA and most of QLD. I am particularly interested in finding people for Perth and Melbourne. We have an immigration lawyer that may be able to assist with the relevant visa requirements. The only requirements are that you must be qualified and under 30. check us out our website and enquire through there if interested. https://www.hiflex.com.au/

christmasoompa Jan 4th 2020 1:29 pm

Re: Hydraulic Hose Fitters/Mechanical Fitters

Originally Posted by Ady Whit (Post 12784569)
The only requirements are that you must be qualified and under 30.

I’m gobsmacked that you’re allowed to specify age in a job ad in Australia! Discrimination laws wouldn’t allow you to do that in the UK, interesting how different countries can be.

spouse of scouse Jan 4th 2020 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12785137)
I’m gobsmacked that you’re allowed to specify age in a job ad in Australia!

You're not.....

Ady Whit Jan 6th 2020 7:57 pm

Quite right, you cannot put restrictions on age for any job. We are more than happy to take applications for anyone with the relevant experience and visa that allows them to work in Australia. I am sorry if my post was unclear, the visa we could assist with initially has the age restriction, hope that makes things clearer.

Dorothy Jan 7th 2020 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Ady Whit (Post 12786124)
Quite right, you cannot put restrictions on age for any job. We are more than happy to take applications for anyone with the relevant experience and visa that allows them to work in Australia. I am sorry if my post was unclear, the visa we could assist with initially has the age restriction, hope that makes things clearer.

So, a working holiday visa. That's hardly a solid job offer, is it?

My husband is a fitter with 33 years mine experience. He would be interested in the position. Could you PM details?

spouse of scouse Jan 7th 2020 2:03 am

Hi Ady. Would that visa be subclass 417 (Work/Holiday visa)? I'm surprised that anyone would need assistance to get this visa as it's just a matter of 'you qualify or you don't'.

Having said that, it's a good opportunity for people with the skills you're seeking to do their 3 months (6 months maximum permitted with any one employer) regional work on their first work/holiday visa, as that would qualify them for a second year. Is the skill on the Skilled Occupation Lists and thus eligible for further sponsorship by your company, and if people were suitable for this is your company eligible to be a sponsor? Asking because this may be a good opportunity for anyone looking for longer term work in Australia. Best of luck.

Ady Whit Jan 7th 2020 8:36 pm

Hi, yes initially it would be the working holiday visa. We have taken a couple on on sponsored visas quite successfully and think initially this provides a good way to go as the cost is relatively low and we get to see the real person and how much they really want it before undergoing a long and laborious process to get them a PR.
There are many great opportunities in Australia at the moment and a distinct lack of people to fill them. People tend to be very transient as the market is so buoyant and when we are sponsoring someone we hope to get a longer term commitment.
You are quite right it would be relatively easy for them to get their own visa without assistance, however we are just trying to appeal to good people who may be a little phased by the process. i know from my own experience of getting here, the process is not always as straight forward as it seems, but well worth the effort.

Fleurpink Jan 27th 2020 9:01 am

The offer still available please?

Ady Whit Mar 16th 2020 9:43 pm

Hi Fleurpink,
Yes we are still looking for people.