Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Emigrated to Aus and now needing to recruit good IT People in Sydney

Emigrated to Aus and now needing to recruit good IT People in Sydney

Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Emigrated to Aus and now needing to recruit good IT People in Sydney

Well I've been in Australia now for 7 months and am living the dream! I have met a great girl, have a nice car, motorbikes and a yacht and spend my weekends sailing and rock climbing... I live on the edge of Manly and take the ferry into the city now I have just started a great job working in Sydney CBD as the Application Development Manager for one of the big firms. Things have pretty much worked out exactly what I was after when I decided to emigrate to Australia. So it is all possible!

Anyway, I have a shortage of skilled people in my team and I need to grow it so if you already have your PR and are in Australia and are wanting to work in Sydney (NSW) CBD in IT and fit the skills below then drop me a PM.

I need people with 5-10 yrs solid experience in IT in the technologies below. The job position is for Software Developers/Database Analyst/Datewarehouse experts/DBAs.

You'll need to have good experience in one (or preferrably more) of the following technologies:

-PeopleSoft HR
-Chris 21
-Datawarehousing/ETL/OLAP/Cubes
-MS SQL Server 2000/2005 database design/maintenance/stored proc creation etc
-Microsoft .NET (needs to have good Database skills as well)

The people will need to be motivated, strong team players who are keen to prove themselves and do well...

Please no agencies or people who do not have PR!

:-)

TheSalamander
Old Feb 7th 2007, 7:25 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Emigrated to Aus and now needing to recruit good IT People in Sydney

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Please no agencies or people who do not have PR!

TheSalamander
I'd be interested to know whats the objection to people not having PR?

Why would you not consider someone who had all the right qualifications with a 5 year unrestricted visa, renewable at the end of the 5 years?

Buzzy
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Re: Emigrated to Aus and now needing to recruit good IT People in Sydney

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I'd be interested to know whats the objection to people not having PR?

Why would you not consider someone who had all the right qualifications with a 5 year unrestricted visa, renewable at the end of the 5 years?

Buzzy
Primarily I'm also making sure I do not get inundated with messages from people who are looking for sponsorship as it is not something I can help with. If someone has the right qualifications and an unrestricted visa then I would consider them.

TheSalamander
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Emigrated to Aus and now needing to recruit good IT People in Sydney

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Primarily I'm also making sure I do not get inundated with messages from people who are looking for sponsorship as it is not something I can help with. If someone has the right qualifications and an unrestricted visa then I would consider them.

TheSalamander
Well that is the exact position I am in at the moment.

By the end of this year I will have been working as an ORACLE DBA for 8 years and also been doing analyst / programmer roles. I have the following courses and experience:
UNIX Administrator
UNIX Shell Programmer
XML
ORACLE FORMS & REPORTS
SQL Plus
PL / SQL
PRINCE2
ITIL Practioner
etc etc

I have been working on one of the biggest migration programmes EDS have been involved in for a number of years (JPA).

But because I have no recognised degree I can't qualify for skilled migrant roles I would need a sponsor.

Shame eh.

To leave the UK I am now looking at going as along haul truck driver which is my primary trade...seems a waste.