Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Electricians in Canada (British Columbia)

Electricians in Canada (British Columbia)

Old May 17th 2007, 3:23 pm
Banned

Status Electrical is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electricians in Canada (British Columbia)

I manage recruitment for a medium sized Commercial Electrical Contracting company located in Abbotsford, about 60kms outside Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada. We currently have approximately 130 employees and will be expanding over the next few months. Our plan is to hire a large number of electricians for work starting approximately in September - October.

If you are a qualified Electrician interested in moving to British Columbia, the timing has never been better. Please send me a CV, or email me with an questions at [email protected].

In particular we are looking for people with:

- Commercial experience
- Conduit experience
- Motivated individuals who are not afraid of challenging the Canadian code exam
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience as a qualified electrician

Regards,

Stephen Bennett
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:17 pm
Banned

Default Re: Electricians in Canada (British Columbia)

Originally Posted by Status Electrical
I manage recruitment for a medium sized Commercial Electrical Contracting company located in Abbotsford, about 60kms outside Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada. We currently have approximately 130 employees and will be expanding over the next few months. Our plan is to hire a large number of electricians for work starting approximately in September - October.

If you are a qualified Electrician interested in moving to British Columbia, the timing has never been better. Please send me a CV, or email me with an questions at [email protected].

- Commercial experience
- Conduit experience
- Motivated individuals who are not afraid of challenging the Canadian code exam

Regards,

Stephen Bennett

Thanks to everyone who contacted me regarding these positions. A number of people have asked the following two questions:

1. Do we work in Vancouver? The answer is yes ... we work all throughout the area known as the Lower Mainland. We have electricians who live anywhere from Vancouver to Chilliwack and all stops in between.

2. How long does it take to drive to Vancouver from Abbotsford? Depending on traffic it can take anywhere from 45mins to 2 hours. On the weekend it is closer to 45 minutes.

I am still taking applications so if anyone else is still interested please contact me viua the email noted above.

Cheers
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:06 am
Banned

coral_chen is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your information
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

shaun9567 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Can you send me more information as regards the electrical jobs you may have in the near future.

Thanks

Shaun

- Commercial experience
- Conduit experience

Regards,

Stephen Bennett
Attached Files
File Type: doc
CVSStone0707.doc (36.0 KB, 401 views)
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:21 pm
Banned

I will be in London conducting interviews for positions in the Vancouver area during the last week of August. If you have submitted me your resume through this site, I will be in contact with you when I know the exact dates. I will want to schedule an interview with any applicants who I feel have the right qualifications.

If you have not submitted a resume to me, and are interested in moving to the Vancouver area, then please sumit your resume to [email protected] ASAP so that I have time to review it, and determine whether or not I would like to meet you during that time.

Any questions can be directed to the same address.

Thank you,
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:17 pm
Banned

Please note that I have changed my timeline and will likely be in London for the last week of September instead. The tentative dates for interviews are September 28, 29, 30, and October 1. I am starting a seperate thread for this so please contact me via the thred or via email at [email protected] if you are interested in interviewing for a position as an electrician in British Columbia, Canada. Currently we have 17 qualified candidates who we will be interviewing. I will have availibility to interview 40 people so there are 23 spots remaining. If you have submitted a resume to me and I have not contacted you, please do not worry, I will be in contact soon.
Regards
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

- Commercial experience
- Conduit experience

Regards,

Stephen Bennett
Stephen

Just out of interest

Are you a recruiter or do you work directly for the contractor. Also is the company approved by BC PNP.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:04 pm
Banned

I am an employee of the contractor. Amongst other things one of my primary roles is recruitment for the company. Yes, we are involved with the BC PNP.

What is your situation in Calgary?
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

I am an employee of the contractor. Amongst other things one of my primary roles is recruitment for the company. Yes, we are involved with the BC PNP.

What is your situation in Calgary?
Came to Calgary from UK in 2006, I wrote and passed the IP in 2006, currently working for a non union company of approx 130 journeymen. Company has sponsored me on the Alberta PNP (PNC issued), I forecast about 8 months before I receive my PR.

Before moving to Alberta we were looking at BC but I couldn't find an employer there willing to through the hassle of LMO/WP/PNP process.

Just for interest wage rates here are $32 plus 10% is it the same there, I don't know if the company you represent in unionised or not.

As a side note am I correct in saying that Status recently worked in Calgary on a project called Fish Creek Recreation Centre?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

go to canada is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Status Electrical;5417287]I am an employee of the contractor. Amongst other things one of my primary roles is recruitment for the company. Yes, we are involved with the BC PNP.

Hi,
I am looking for a job as electrician in BC. Searching the forum I find your massages from last year. Hopefully you still looking for people outside of Canada.I am from Macedonia and I want to immigrate to Canada with my family. I have Technical High school diplomas as Electric installer (electric fitter) and Electro technician - High Voltage and over 10 years experience as NC Officer for communications and cryptography in the Macedonian Army. Hopefully your company have some job offers suitable to my education and professional experience. I already applied for Low Voltage Systems Field Technician through your site application. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Vlatko
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

losttraveller is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stephen,
Are you still looking for electricians?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:31 pm
G & S NI

Grahamc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am an Electrician from Northern Ireland, have 15+years experience and would be extremely interested in coming to Canada to live and work!!! I am going on a recce visit to Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto starting next week. Any info about getting a job if you are no longer recruiting would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply here, try the direct approach and contact him at Status electrical.