British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Job Offers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/)
-   -   Couple required to work in South of France - caretaking/DIY/childminding/housework (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/couple-required-work-south-france-caretaking-diy-childminding-housework-784015/)

JemimaWinder Jan 16th 2013 9:56 am

Couple required to work in South of France - caretaking/DIY/childminding/housework

We are a couple in our 30s living in a beautiful old farmhouse in the South of France who need help with our gite business and looking after our 14 month old boy/girl twins. There is plenty work for 2 people and we are looking for a couple as accommodation is in a small 1 bedroom house. We would consider all ages but we need people who are reasonably fit and outdoorsy.

Work:
We need flexible people as tasks are diverse and will vary from week to week. They will include:

- caretaking
- gardening and possibly animal care
- general maintenance
- DIY projects eg. painting, plastering, fencing, repairs
- childminding
- guest changeovers
- housework

Our 17th century farmhouse is located in the middle of the Haut Languedoc National Park, in 10 hectares of woodland on a South facing hillside surrounded by stunning landscape. We have our own pool and there is plenty of opporunity for outdoor activities in the area (sailing, hiking, riding etc). We are fairly isolated - the nearest shops are a 15 minute drive away in St.Pons de Thomieres so your own transport is essential).
The nearest airport is an hour away in Beziers (Ryanair fly there from Manchester, Luton and Bristol). Carcassonne and Toulouse airports are 2 hours away.

Accommodation:
The little house is newly renovated and separate from the main house. It has a small living room, kitchen (with bread oven!) and bathroom split across 3 levels. The bed is on a low level mezzanine. You would have internet via a wifi dongle of 3GB a month and use of the swimming pool during Summer.

This is a unique and long-term opportunity for the right people so references and experience are essential. If interested please email your CVs and covering email including salary expectations.

Tom250655 May 24th 2013 5:09 pm

Re: Couple required to work in South of France - caretaking/DIY/childminding/housewor

Hi I'm replying to your ad. My partner and I was wondering if it is still available.

markone33 Jun 15th 2013 12:27 pm

Re: Couple required to work in South of France - caretaking/DIY/childminding/housewor

Hi jemima,
My name is Mark Elderbrant,my wife and I will be I. France from the 3rd of July.we are both looking to move to France in the very near future but we need to secure employment first.my wife is an experienced carer and would happily do some cleaning.I a an experienced chef and would also do handy work,gardening and cleaning.my number is <snip> (in England obviously).please ring if the post is still available.we could all meet and discuss further in June.I hope to hear from you soon,many thanks,Mark