Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Construction and Civil Engineering in NZ

Construction and Civil Engineering in NZ

Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

James S has a spectacular aura aboutJames S has a spectacular aura aboutJames S has a spectacular aura about
Default Construction and Civil Engineering in NZ

After months and months of trying to sell my house in the UK we are finally here (just outside Auckland) and I am at work now so if there are any people in the UK or already in NZ who need a contact with the construction and civil engineering recruitment field my e:mail is [email protected]

3 weeks into the new job early indications are that just like the UK construction and especially residential developments are fairly weak but in terms of construction of commercial developments (schools/hospitals/medical centres/offices) and Industrial construction are also very busy at the moment and anyone who has worked within civil engineering and especially with infrastructure or roading experience you can take your pick!

I'd be happy to help or just give advice on the job market over here - everyone on this site was very helpful with me when I was bombarding people with questions about removal companies and whether my tv will work over here so would be happy to return the favour now Im over here!!

Contact me on the e:mail listed above or via PM.

Cheers

James.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:43 am

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Construction and Civil Engineering in NZ

.....is touting for business allowed on here ? and would any professional in this instance go to someone that has just landed............
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction and Civil Engineering in NZ

Originally Posted by James S
After months and months of trying to sell my house in the UK we are finally here (just outside Auckland) and I am at work now so if there are any people in the UK or already in NZ who need a contact with the construction and civil engineering recruitment field my e:mail is [email protected]

3 weeks into the new job early indications are that just like the UK construction and especially residential developments are fairly weak but in terms of construction of commercial developments (schools/hospitals/medical centres/offices) and Industrial construction are also very busy at the moment and anyone who has worked within civil engineering and especially with infrastructure or roading experience you can take your pick!

I'd be happy to help or just give advice on the job market over here - everyone on this site was very helpful with me when I was bombarding people with questions about removal companies and whether my tv will work over here so would be happy to return the favour now Im over here!!

Contact me on the e:mail listed above or via PM.

Cheers

James.
Best of luck with the new venture James, will be intersting to hear your views on the industry here after a good few months!

Hope you settle into NZ life quickly too
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:09 am
Just Joined

James S has a spectacular aura aboutJames S has a spectacular aura aboutJames S has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Construction and Civil Engineering in NZ

Thanks very much. I've got to say so far all my clients are brits, don't think I've spoken to a kiwi yet!