Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

C#, VB, .NET Developer wanted, Australia, Sydney

C#, VB, .NET Developer wanted, Australia, Sydney

Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:51 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default C#, VB, .NET Developer wanted, Australia, Sydney

Software engineer needed for Australia (Sydney) based company, for challenging role.

The job: Australianizing a successful product from a UK company,
further development and support in Australia.
The product: An innovative loyalty and customer retention scheme primarily for the motor trade using an intelligent chipped card linked to a personal web page.
The person: You'll have serious development experience in ASP.NET, C# or VB6, on .NET, and at least some experience of both languages. You'll be self-motivated, a problem solver and someone who
can take on responsibility and deliver.
The plan: You'll need to get up to speed fast with the product,
working with the development team in the UK (North Wales). You'll have to set out the requirements to convert the product for the Australian market, then make, test and deliver those changes.
The location: Sydney.

Interested?
Contact martynrees at hotmail.com (or PM me and I'll forward).
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:10 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: C#, VB, .NET Developer wanted, Australia, Sydney

Originally Posted by benlast
Software engineer needed for Australia (Sydney) based company, for challenging role.
Just to add: the company is prepared to sponsor the right applicant. And this is not my company, just that of a friend who I am helping search for the right person.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

LayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant future

On the surface this appears to be a great opportunity to get a golden ticket (Visa and Job).

However, I noticed another post asking for investment in the venture. Unfortunately, this is bringing out the Dragons Den in me and raising some questions.

If they have a development team in the UK, why are none of that team jumping at the opportunity of a secondment (or better) over to OZ? And why do they need investment in a product that's already proving a success in Europe? Why are they not backing it themselves?

I think I would appreciate a bit more clarity and honesty regarding the role: who the UK company are, how long it is for, and importantly what the potential risks of failure/success is.

Is this information that's freely available if I get in touch?

Apologies for all the questions but nobody wants to leave themself open to potentially being taken advantage of.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:23 am
Citizen Of The World

Originally Posted by LayaboutSi
However, I noticed another post asking for investment in the venture. Unfortunately, this is bringing out the Dragons Den in me and raising some questions.
I'm sure if you get in touch with Martyn, he'll answer all the question you may have.

As I said: it's not my company, I'm posting the advert for a friend who I am helping find a software developer.

Cheers
b