Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:37 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Originally Posted by northernbird
Well I will have to agree to disagree.
Of course. Got to on something, eh?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Of course. Got to on something, eh?
For the record I don't condone discrimination of any kind, ageist, sexist, fattist etc etc.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:41 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

I am not speaking for the OP, I don't know the OP and neither do you yet you have him or her down as some raging sexist when in reality I feel it was an innocent comment. Only guilty of lack of thought.
Youre feeling is that it was an innocent comment ? I think it may well have been a freudian slip and he wants a female because his misses aint in oz just yet
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Youre feeling is that it was an innocent comment ? I think it may well have been a freudian slip and he wants a female because his misses aint in oz just yet
Your opinion is your own and you have every right to it, as do I mine.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:44 am

For the record I don't condone discrimination of any kind, ageist, sexist, fattist etc etc.
Never thought you were in a month of sundays, nb.

x
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:49 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Your opinion is your own and you have every right to it, as do I mine.
Yup, I agree with opinions, they nearly always differ from fact. One fact is that the OP (no matter his intent) would be refused publication of his help wanted ad in any paper that is within the law.

The ignorance defense never works in a court of law either.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:06 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

It's attitudes similar to the one you display that helped bring equality laws in the first place to combat discriminatory minds.

The law is black and white mate however, within the laws there are always exceptions to make it ok to discriminate under certain circumstances such as if you are seeking to hire an actor or someone to work in the lingerie section of a store, but for jobs that can be done easily by both sexes you cannot advertise for one sex applicant's.
Going back to the original post the OP does state that it's a clothing business. Just maybe he requires a woman because the clothing is womens clothing or underwear. By your own post above that would make the job exempt from discrimination laws.
Still that would have ruined a good row on a slow Sunday
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cresta57
Going back to the original post the OP does state that it's a clothing business. Just maybe he requires a woman because the clothing is womens clothing or underwear. By your own post above that would make the job exempt from discrimination laws.
He's a manufacturer. Theres a couple of blokes working in baldwins nicker factory on corrie)

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 17th 2008 at 9:36 am. Reason: Please don't post offensive terms on the forum
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:15 am

No... men can work with women's underwear and fashions. I think you'll find that lots of men already do and they're called fashion designers....

The only exemption would be if the person employed was required to try on the clothing for a valid reason, but then they wouldn't be employed as a receptionist, they'd be a model.

Nice try though.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:17 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

He's a manufacturer. Theres a couple of blokes working in baldwins nicker factory on corrie (well maybe one or two after you take the poofter out of the equation)
So it's O.K to be homophobic yet not O.K to advertise for a woman to work in a clothing outlet. Come on Luke at least be consistent in your political correctness.
Must be a slow old boring day at your place.

Last edited by cresta57; Feb 17th 2008 at 4:31 am.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:20 am

No... men can work with women's underwear and fashions. I think you'll find that lots of men already do and they're called fashion designers....

The only exemption would be if the person employed was required to try on the clothing for a valid reason, but then they wouldn't be employed as a receptionist, they'd be a model.

Nice try though.
Re read the OP it clearly states "dealing with customers in the outlet shop". I take it you'd be comfortable trying on your thong with a male assistant present? Or being measured up for a new bra by a bloke?
Clutching at straws TP
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:29 am

Re read the OP it clearly states "dealing with customers in the outlet shop". I take it you'd be comfortable trying on your thong with a male assistant present? Or being measured up for a new bra by a bloke?
Clutching at straws TP
I'd be perfectly happy being measured for a bra by a man. And in fact, I have been. You think men don't work in the industry?
Bit sexist of you.

As for trying on thongs, oddly we don't strip off in front of females either. We go to a changing room and do it, but if he was a professional at his job, like the guy who worked in Browns was, then so what?
You think women who work in men's underwear shops are weighing you up or are they just doing their job?

Double standards!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:30 am
Banned

So it's O.K to be homophobic yet not O.K to advertise for a woman to work in a clothing outlet. Come on Luke at least be consistent in you political correctness.
Must be a slow old boring day at your place.
Corrie is fiction and I assume the OP is a real person.

Quite a busy day actually, been up since 630 watching the kids, wife working 7-3 made shepards pie from scratch, & just returned home from taking the kids swimming.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:33 am

Corrie is fiction and I assume the OP is a real person.

Quite a busy day actually, been up since 630 watching the kids, wife working 7-3 made shepards pie from scratch, & just returned home from taking the kids swimming.
Nice one Luke. When you're done there, pop round to my place and do it all again, there's a love...

Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:34 am
Banned

Nice one Luke. When you're done there, pop round to my place and do it all again, there's a love...

Nah, wifes home and when the kids are in bed Im getting a nice ummmmmm, for my efforts today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.