Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Good luck to the OP on finding exactly what's she looking for. There is nothing illegal about her advertisement. It's clear and honest, just like every job ad should be.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:49 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am sure the OP is wondering why he even bothered thinking about trying to help out fellow expats. This was an innocent thread which has been wrecked by a couple of politically correct idiots.
Well look on the bright side. We've kept the thread at the top of the forum for everyone to see.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:51 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
There is nothing illegal about her advertisement. .
Take your head out from the sand, sex discrimination is against the law in my state and yours and neither you or me wrote the law so why would you state that it's not illegal when it certainly is ?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Take your head out from the sand, sex discrimination is against the law in my state and yours and neither you or me wrote the law so why would you state that it's not illegal when it certainly is ?
Absolutely true. However I don't think for a minute the OP meant anything by it.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:58 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to the OP on finding exactly what's she looking for. There is nothing illegal about her advertisement. It's clear and honest, just like every job ad should be.
The OP is male by the way...................
Banned

Absolutely true. However I don't think for a minute the OP meant anything by it.
Just ignorance then is it ?
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Abortion is illegal in QLD, do you see that being enforced.

The law is not always black and white, and some laws are not always enforced as they were created by stupid PC people with nothing better to do than push their own agenda.

Discretion is needed in this country to sort the BS from common sense. I suggest you learn to have some.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:00 am

Ignorance is not an excuse under the law.
He should know that.

Running a business you have to be totally on top of employment laws otherwise it can land you in hot water.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Just ignorance then is it ?
you are blowing this thread out of all proportion Luke. Nobody disputes that discrimination is wrong and of course illegal.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:06 am
Banned

Discretion is needed in this country to sort the BS from common sense. I suggest you learn to have some.
It's attitudes similar to the one you display that helped bring equality laws in the first place to combat discriminatory minds.

The law is black and white mate however, within the laws there are always exceptions to make it ok to discriminate under certain circumstances such as if you are seeking to hire an actor or someone to work in the lingerie section of a store, but for jobs that can be done easily by both sexes you cannot advertise for one sex applicant's.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Ignorance is not an excuse under the law.
He should know that.

Running a business you have to be totally on top of employment laws otherwise it can land you in hot water.
I don't even know what to say to that. I shall bow out now as I am absolutely gobsmacked at the overreaction to this.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:12 am
Banned

you are blowing this thread out of all proportion Luke. Nobody disputes that discrimination is wrong and of course illegal.
I give my thoughts on the thread and since the OP didnt return to speak for himself I cannot make assumptions on what his intent was, unlike yourself who have taken it on yourself to speak for the OP as if he's on the phone with you, when obviously he's not.

Just about every post in this thread has been on topic since it relates to the OP's discriminatory search for a female employee. Subsequent posts do not have to be from people interested in his offer, they can be from anyone who has something to say on his thread.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

I give my thoughts on the thread and since the OP didnt return to speak for himself I cannot make assumptions on what his intent was, unlike yourself who have taken it on yourself to speak for the OP as if he's on the phone with you, when obviously he's not.

Just about every post in this thread has been on topic since it relates to the OP's discriminatory search for a female employee. Subsequent posts do not have to be from people interested in his offer, they can be from anyone who has something to say on his thread.
I am not speaking for the OP, I don't know the OP and neither do you yet you have him or her down as some raging sexist when in reality I feel it was an innocent comment. Only guilty of lack of thought.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:19 am

I don't even know what to say to that. I shall bow out now as I am absolutely gobsmacked at the overreaction to this.
It's just an opinion, albeit from someone who had to learn UK employment law when running a business.
Opinion is something you will get on a message board, whether you think it's an over reaction or not.
Regardless of intent, the ad is badly worded. People get taken to court over this kind of thing.
This ad wouldn't be allowed in a paper that has any sort of circulation and yet it appears on a website which probably has far wider readership.

I hope when a guy turns up for an interview, he won't be turned down because he's obviously not what the OP is looking for.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
It's just an opinion, albeit from someone who had to learn UK employment law when running a business.
Opinion is something you will get on a message board, whether you think it's an over reaction or not.
Regardless of intent, the ad is badly worded. People get taken to court over this kind of thing.
This ad wouldn't be allowed in a paper that has any sort of circulation and yet it appears on a website which probably has far wider readership.

I hope when a guy turns up for an interview, he won't be turned down because he's obviously not what the OP is looking for.
Well I will have to agree to disagree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.