Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:16 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Mum looking for a p/t job?

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
It wouldnt seeing as though youre a wombMAN
Nice
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:17 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Between the wife and I we have to juggle work hours with picking kids up, it's not a male or female thing is it ?

Years ago liberated women fought workplace discrimination and quite rightly so, but it doesnt make it ok for anyone to advertise a job, asking for a woman unless they have an exemption for it.
No, it's not at all. I was referring to a mother or father who wasn't currently working ... and it's usual to be more likely the mother... but saying that, most parents both work these days so it's a juggle, as you say.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:17 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, women's work but mum is mother and mother is female unless youre a male seahorse that is.
excuse me this is not womens work!

It is work for both sexes and men should take their fair share so this advert is sexist
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Clippy
Nice
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:20 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

I'd still take the job
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:24 pm

I'd still take the job
Yes, so would I. It would have to be paying more than working at Coles though.

I went there last night and asked, out of interest, how much they paid. Fluck me if they don't pay more per hour than I'm earning now.

Do I want to work in Coles though?
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:27 pm

I went there last night and asked, out of interest, how much they paid. Fluck me if they don't pay more per hour than I'm earning now.

I'd work in Coles if it didn't mean working weekends.

I don't want to work weekends or late nights
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:46 pm

I'd work in Coles if it didn't mean working weekends.

I don't want to work weekends or late nights
Mmm... you have a point.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:49 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I did a few shifts in Coles and yes it is good money. Didnt stick with it though because although I was rostered to work until midnight they 'expected' me to work until 2am if they needed it! No chance!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
I did a few shifts in Coles and yes it is good money. Didnt stick with it though because although I was rostered to work until midnight they 'expected' me to work until 2am if they needed it! No chance!
Yes, well I used to run a dpt in Tesco when we were really struggling.... and I suspect Coles are exactly the same to work for as they were... and I really don't want to do that. I'd rather work in Real Estate.
That's saying something!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:52 pm

Yes, well I used to run a dpt in Tesco when we were really struggling.... and I suspect Coles are exactly the same to work for as they were... and I really don't want to do that. I'd rather work in Real Estate.
That's saying something!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:54 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

That's saying something!
I'd agree - I've done real estate too and fund it much more fun
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:13 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
the OH worked at woolies doing nightfill. What a shite job that was. That job should be done by a man since it's bloody hard heavy work for a woman to be honest.

She now has a casual job in a servo about 15 hrs a week and she brings home close to what machine operators under me earn. Shes not complaining and I dont blame her.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:26 am

the OH worked at woolies doing nightfill. What a shite job that was. That job should be done by a man since it's bloody hard heavy work for a woman to be honest.

She now has a casual job in a servo about 15 hrs a week and she brings home close to what machine operators under me earn. Shes not complaining and I dont blame her.
Yeah but that would be sexist to say that women couldn't do that heavy lifting....
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:29 am

Yeah but that would be sexist to say that women couldn't do that heavy lifting....
Lol, I'm often heard saying to Dale 'that's a man's job' as an excuse to get out of things. It's not that I can't do it, just that I don't want to

I'll never be a feminist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.