Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Any jobs for Railway signal maintenance

Any jobs for Railway signal maintenance

Old May 30th 2008, 8:40 am
Just Joined

rmullard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any jobs for Railway signal maintenance

Hi I am looking to relocate to australia with sponsorship for the all the family if necessary.

I am currently working for Network Rail in the UK as an Rail Signalling Technician on the signalling, maintenance and installation. Fault finding etc..., I am also a Team Leader leading a team of three.

Most companies and agencies that I have posted to require DESIGNERS, and I HAVE NO design experience.

If you know of any jobs or know of anywhere I can post my CV to then please let me know.

Thanks

Richard
Old May 30th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any jobs for Railway signal maintenance

Hi
Try www.railwaypeople.com
I have seen jobs advertised on their in Australia..
Good luck.....
Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:22 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rmullard
Hi I am looking to relocate to australia with sponsorship for the all the family if necessary.

I am currently working for Network Rail in the UK as an Rail Signalling Technician on the signalling, maintenance and installation. Fault finding etc..., I am also a Team Leader leading a team of three.

Most companies and agencies that I have posted to require DESIGNERS, and I HAVE NO design experience.

If you know of any jobs or know of anywhere I can post my CV to then please let me know.

Thanks

Richard

Bet you'll still run in to the same problem as before. They'll still require you to have a current A grade electricians licence.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

rmullard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Bet you'll still run in to the same problem as before. They'll still require you to have a current A grade electricians licence.
Thanks for that, but not all of the railway signalling jobs have actually specified that they need somebody with an A grade electricians licence.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:54 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

why dont you try getting a design job in the uk there are companies like westinghouse which have an offive in croydon, glasgow, chippingham, york and birmingham and they also have there sister company westinghouse australia.

So if you get 6 months at westinghouse UK then they might transfer you to Aus???

Worth a try.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:37 am
Just Joined

msfletcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rmullard

Thanks

Richard
Hi Richard,

My name is Michael Fletcher. We are recruiting for ARTC in Australia. If you or any of your friends are interested in knowing more please email me at:
[email protected]

Here are the specs of the job:

This is a “Total Remuneration Package” which includes superannuation, leave loadings, up to five hours overtime in any week and other payments and relocation assistance will be offered to the right candidate.

Australian Rail Track Corporation is responsible for the management of over 10,000 route kilometres of interstate track across Australia.
We have initiated a $2.4 billion major upgrade investment program across our entire rail network and we are at the forefront of investment in the latest communications and train control technology. In the past year ARTC has carried record export coal haulage on the Hunter Valley network, won engineering and track maintenance awards and continued sustained record volumes of freight carried by rail.
A career at ARTC places you at the leading edge of development in the rail industry and involved in the future of rail as a reliable, environmentally friendly and competitive land freight transport system.
To join a team that’s going places, read on…
ARTC invites applications for qualified Signal Electricians for regional New South Wales.
Reporting to the Work Group Leader Signals, you will deliver work to ensure the operational integrity and efficiency of a designated section of rail corridor. You will install, modify, maintain and repair signalling and communication equipment in accordance with technical maintenance plans, signalling discipline standards, practices and safeworking procedures.
We are seeking applicants with:
§ Railway Signal Electrician qualifications and relevant trade or technical experience;
§ Knowledge of, and the ability to implement the principles of rail safety management, occupational health and safety (OHS) principles and electrical codes of practice;
§ Experience in faultfinding, maintenance and repairs;
§ Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
§ The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Detailed knowledge of telemetry and computer interlocking systems would be highly regarded. Successful applicants will benefit from an individually tailored training plan to ensure proficiency with ARTC’s signalling systems. Applicants must be willing to travel and work call outs and overtime as the circumstances demand.
Appointment is subject to medical fitness to ARTC’s standards related to the position. ARTC is a drug free workplace.

Please send your resume to the HR Director, Universal Labour Services Pty. Ltd at [email protected]
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

jnev1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Richard

I work as a Signal Electrician for ARTC in the Hunter Valley NSW. Right now there is a lot of Signalling companies looking for Signal Electricians. Some of their names are ARTC, Works Infrastructure, O'Donnell Griffin, Transfield, John Hollands and Ansaldo (formally US&S). Ansaldo and ARTC are the only companies i know of that sponser people. Ansaldo is the easier of the two to get into and you only have to spend roughly 9 months to 'pay' their sponsership back so to speak. Ansaldo aren't the best payers in the world but once you've done your time anyone of the other companies would be happy to have you. To be a proper Signal Electrician you will have to get your Trade equivalent and pass the relevent Signalling courses but you would be able to work fine until then. Ansaldo roughly pay around $65,000 i think. The other information about ARTC somebody else wrote was pretty on the money. If you would like anymore information you can contact me at [email protected].

Cheers