Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Any British "Advanced Drivers" in USA or Canada?

Any British "Advanced Drivers" in USA or Canada?

Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Cumbrian will become famous soon enoughCumbrian will become famous soon enough
Default Any British "Advanced Drivers" in USA or Canada?

Advanced Drivers of America, Inc., is owned by a former UK traffic police officer and is based near Buffalo, NY.

We are actively looking for people to train as new instructors, and there is no limit on whereabouts you live in the USA or Canada. This is for full-time positions, and instructor training is only available for people who will be employed by us.

Any previous advanced driving qualifications (such as 'Institute of Advanced Motorists', or RoSPA-ADA / RoADA, or - of course - UK 'Police Advanced') would be very useful indeed.

If you are interested, please visit www.advanceddrivers.com and click on the red text in the top left-hand corner of the home page.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Any British "Advanced Drivers" in USA or Canada?

I should have added that the job involves a lot ot air travel (n.b. weekly). We work for major corporations around the US and Canada and last year alone, for example, we worked in 42 states and provinces. There is also the possibility of work in South America or other continents for those who speak the relevant languages.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Do you do sponsorship? I used to be a professional racing driver with an International race licence and work part time as a racing school instructor in the UK. Don't suppose that would be suitable?

Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, Andy..... Not our field at all.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cumbrian
Sorry, Andy..... Not our field at all.
No worries, thought I'd ask anyway.

Thx
Old May 12th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

HullCityFan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a driving instructor but live in Hull, UK. Want to leave the country, can you help?!
Old May 13th 2008, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HullCityFan
I'm a driving instructor but live in Hull, UK. Want to leave the country, can you help?!
Sorry; we have a whole list of Brits who want to come out to the USA to work for us (including several ex-police advanced drivers and even police instructors) but as far as America is concerned we do not seem able to get beyond the point where this would be about a 3- to 4-year process.

In terms of immigration, you would probably find Canada to be an easier option.

If you see a way forward, may I suggest you go to our website and look under 'Contact Us', then send me your CV, etc.

www.advanceddrivers.com