British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Job Offers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/)
-   -   Administrative Assistant, Hoboken, NJ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/job-offers-82/administrative-assistant-hoboken-nj-565915/)

Luckster Oct 8th 2008 1:55 pm

Administrative Assistant, Hoboken, NJ

Shipco Transport Inc., a leading international cargo transportation company, has an immediate opening at our Corporate office located in Hoboken, NJ, for an experienced Administrative Assistant.

We are looking for a candidate who is dynamic, self-motivated, reliable and who understands and appreciates the importance of a team effort.

A minimum of 2-3 years experience as an administrative assistant for executive level management or officers, is required.

Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

Candidate must be adept at navigating the internet and using electronic and e-commerce media.

Candidate must have excellent typing skills.

Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.

Candidate must be detailed orientated, well organized, and skilled in the arts of multi-tasking, follow-up and adherence to firm deadlines.

Candidate must be able to function equally well on an independent basis and as part of the corporate administration team.

Job duties include all levels of administrative support to Executive Management, i.e. typing, filing, research, answering phones, scheduling meetings, guests and travel arrangements, analyzing statistics, preparing and distributing reports and handling daily correspondence and customer service.
Job duties also include the following areas of independent responsibility: production of a bi-monthly E-newsletter, maintaining global profiles and databases, administering printed matter and promotional items, maintaining manuals, procedures, calendars, etc. on our Intranet site.

Industry experience in export, import or air operations from a NVOCC, VOCC or freight forwarder background would be helpful, but it is not mandatory.

We offer a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer medical, dental, life, vision, STD and LTD insurance. We also offer a flexible benefits plan and a matching 401(k)plan.

Please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter via email to: [email protected] or via fax to: (201) 216-9550

pete6256 Oct 8th 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Administrative Assistant, Hoboken, NJ

Do I take it you have to be residing in the US for this job? Or is a visa provided?

Luckster Oct 9th 2008 12:49 pm

Re: Administrative Assistant, Hoboken, NJ

Originally Posted by pete6256 (Post 6857896)
Do I take it you have to be residing in the US for this job? Or is a visa provided?

Sorry, - I should have made that clear. You would require to have a work visa (or of course be a permanent resident, or US citizen).