Reload this Page >

Visa to Australia from Japan

Visa to Australia from Japan

Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:43 am
Just Joined

ibid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa to Australia from Japan

Hi

I'm a UK citizen, currently based in Japan but I want to go to Australia on the working holiday visa.

I'm rather confused about a few things:
1)Certified photocopy of the passport. I have absolutely no idea what would be an acceptable certification in Japan. In the UK I gather a bank manager or a lawyer can sign it but I don't know about Japan. Would it be ok to ask at the city hall?

2)I am going to need a medical and a chest xray as I spent most of last year in Romania. However I would like to know what the medical exam will entail. (I'm perfectly healthy I just like to know!)

3)Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to process the application?

Any help you can give me would be welcome! Thanks a lot
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

hidflect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa to Australia from Japan

They have an onsite Justice of the Peace (JP) at the Oz embassy. Go there and tell 'em you need your photo certified. They write and sign something on the back. Should be no charge.

Good luck... I left Oz coz I couldn't stand the pompous, moral-highground-climbing, holier-than-thou, Politically Correct, whining a**holes myself. Although this is exactly how they like to describe the "Poms". Judging by the description I got from some true Ozzie old-timers, it switched tracks sometime in the early 80's from being a rough-and-ready, can-do nation to a bunch of drinks waiters on heroin aspiring to be actors.

2 weeks of sunshine should be enough...