Just moved to Tokyo

Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:16 am
Just Joined

davidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nice
Default Just moved to Tokyo

Hi there,

I've just moved to Tokyo. I'm 30 and sigle and i'd like to meet with other British Expats - i don't mind whatever age you all are - even much older (not meant to offend!!) or have a family. I'm quite easy going, but not an all-night heavy drinker - so would like to find a relaxed group of new friends to spend evenings and weekends with.

I hope you are out there to help me?

Hopefully speak soon

David
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

SayHelloToTheAngels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just moved to Tokyo

Hi David,

Would love to pick your brain on your transition to Japan, I have contemplated it for years after my first visit to Tokyo I feel in love.

Let me know if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:55 am
Just Joined

davidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nicedavidgreen is just really nice

Hi Sure, i've been here for 3 months now - so i am just starting to get settled in - hopefully i am over the worst!!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:17 am
Just Joined

timcuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by davidgreen
Hi Sure, i've been here for 3 months now - so i am just starting to get settled in - hopefully i am over the worst!!!!!
Hi

I'm relocating to Tokyo from London in late Jan / early Feb next year. Would be great to hear from other people that have also relocated and have any advice or tips, or just to catch up for a drink!

Thanks
Tim
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

I've just moved to Tokyo. I'm 30 and sigle and i'd like to meet with other British Expats - i don't mind whatever age you all are - even much older (not meant to offend!!) or have a family. I'm quite easy going, but not an all-night heavy drinker - so would like to find a relaxed group of new friends to spend evenings and weekends with.

Hopefully speak soon

David
Hello.
There doesn't seem to be a separate group for Expats in Japan. If there is can you let me know. I need to know whether producing miniature money (I'm a miniaturist) would cause offence. I've been invited to a miniatures show and I want to make Mini (twelfth scale) 10,000 yen notes.
I don't know what kind of things offend over there.
Also can anyone tell me which are the favourite fruits and vegetables in the local markets. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:04 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

There's not a separate sub-forum (yet). Nothing much I can add to this thread, as I've never been to Japan unfortunately, but never say never.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Here's hoping that all Britons in Tokyo, or anywhere else in Japan at this scary time, are safe and well. Best wishes to all of you.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:36 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Here's hoping that all Britons in Tokyo, or anywhere else in Japan at this scary time, are safe and well. Best wishes to all of you.
+1
Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

I agree although I would not limit that to just brits. All the best everyone!

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Old Mar 12th 2011, 4:16 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with your new beginning !
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Our thoughts are with you all. Is there anything BE can organise to help?
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:54 am
Just Joined

nipon1 is a jewel in the roughnipon1 is a jewel in the roughnipon1 is a jewel in the roughnipon1 is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,

Hopefully speak soon

David
+++

Hi David,

Am brit expat and lived in Japan for more than 10 years.
Am married with young daughter and live not far from Yokohama station.

How are you getting on now.
Not much groups out near Yokohama - lots in Tokyo and was at a couple
of group/drinking evening last week.

Are you a rugger fan?

Will be getting together with some friends to watch the rugby worldcup
in or near Yokohama station.

Drop me a line if you up for a beer or coffee

Cheers
Mark
Old Sep 6th 2011, 3:29 am
Just Joined

ClaireRinJapan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nipon1
+++

Hi David,

Am brit expat and lived in Japan for more than 10 years.
Am married with young daughter and live not far from Yokohama station.

How are you getting on now.
Not much groups out near Yokohama - lots in Tokyo and was at a couple
of group/drinking evening last week.

Are you a rugger fan?

Will be getting together with some friends to watch the rugby worldcup
in or near Yokohama station.

Drop me a line if you up for a beer or coffee

Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark, I've just moved to Tokyo, and saw you mentioned you've attended a few groups in this area...are there any details of these online as i'm stuggling to find any info.

Thanks

Claire
Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:15 am
Just Joined

nipon1 is a jewel in the roughnipon1 is a jewel in the roughnipon1 is a jewel in the roughnipon1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ClaireRinJapan
Hi Mark, I've just moved to Tokyo, and saw you mentioned you've attended a few groups in this area...are there any details of these online as i'm stuggling to find any info.

Thanks

Claire
Hi Claire

Check out meetup.com . they have plenty of groups for you to look at.
alt try expat-blog.com
Where in Tokyo are you.
If you fancy a lunch time coffee let me know

Cheers
Mark
Old Sep 6th 2011, 7:01 am
Just Joined

ClaireRinJapan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nipon1
Hi Claire

Check out meetup.com . they have plenty of groups for you to look at.
alt try expat-blog.com
Where in Tokyo are you.
If you fancy a lunch time coffee let me know

Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark thanks for those, they look great. I'm in the nerima area :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.