Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Japan Working Holiday Visa Question

Japan Working Holiday Visa Question

Old Aug 29th 2015, 6:23 pm
Just Joined
Joined: Mar 2015
Location: Issan Thailand, Tokyo
Posts: 13
Sometimewoodworker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Japan Working Holiday Visa Question

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Correct. The laws related to immigration and visa have changed a lot last year. It indeed used to be that a visa and a re-entry permit were considered two separate things. Under the new system are they combined: if you have a visa then you automatically have a re-entry permit. You can leave Japan for up to one year and return to Japan without losing the visa.

Some other visa related rules and laws have changed as well, so a thorough investigation is advised when considering to apply for a Japanese visa.
That is not complete. The law on re entry changed 3 years ago when the old system of alien registration cards started to be phased out. The new residence card is considered to be a special re entry permit which is valid as you say for any absence of less than a year, however you can still get a re entry permit if you are going to be out for more than a year.
Sometimewoodworker is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.