Reload this Page >

Goodbye UK, Hello Tokyo!

Goodbye UK, Hello Tokyo!

Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Luckybet3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goodbye UK, Hello Tokyo!

Goodday everyone - hope all is great!

Just moved from the UK to Tokyo and currently living in Shirokanedai and moving to Hiro-o hopefully later next month providing all goes to plan! Moved over here for work and don`t know a soul so looking to go out, chill out and make some new friends!

Am a single 32 old guy who has a wide range of interests, if you fancy a pint, coffee, movie or just to chill out give me a shout! Loving Tokyo so far, just prefer not to be billy-no-mates on during the times I am let out of the office :-)

cheers

Andrew
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:16 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye UK, Hello Tokyo!

Hi Andrew and welcome to BE As you've already spotted, we're a little bit thin on the ground with Japan posters, but you never know.... the more people we get posting... the more it pops up on google... and we'll just see what happens. Enjoy Tokyo
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Luckybet3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! Many thanks for the welcome! Yes, I have noticed the lack of questions about relocation to Japan - surpising since in my very short experience Japan has been amazing!

I am not sure who are the organisiers behind this brilliant website but would it be possible have a section for Japan? Might promote greater discussion and more of a commuinity for those who are in Japan or considering moving there in the future?

andrew
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:52 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on how many threads we've got on here. I'll ask Admin. I think it helps if we've got someone who posts a lot about the country <subtle hint>

A bit difficult for me to write anything as I've never been there I'm afraid.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:23 pm

Hi Andrew , looks like your wish has been granted happy posting
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

SingaporeSaint is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luckybet3
Goodday everyone - hope all is great!

Just moved from the UK to Tokyo and currently living in Shirokanedai and moving to Hiro-o hopefully later next month providing all goes to plan! Moved over here for work and don`t know a soul so looking to go out, chill out and make some new friends!

Am a single 32 old guy who has a wide range of interests, if you fancy a pint, coffee, movie or just to chill out give me a shout! Loving Tokyo so far, just prefer not to be billy-no-mates on during the times I am let out of the office :-)

cheers

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I moved to Tokyo with my wife back in June, after leaving UK 7 years ago to live and work in Singapore. I seem to have spent most of my 39yrs watching football with a pint in my hand when not out running, and as I work for myself at home, also looking to meet more people.

We live in Kamiyama-cho near Yoyogi Park, so only a couple of stops away from Hiroo, give me a shout if you fancy a beer anytime.

Dave
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

londonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant future

Hi Andrew,

I used to live in Shirogane and Hiroo, it was 20 years ago though

Roppongi was good in the evening, lots of coffee shops and cheap restaurants and a Haagan Daas ice cream parlour, about a 20 or 30 minute walk from Shirogane

I had a great time in Japan, hope it works out well for you