Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

The beauties of Japan!

The beauties of Japan!

Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:26 pm
Banned

easytraveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile The beauties of Japan!

Last year I visited Japan for 2 weeks. I have to say that I spent there the best holidays of my life. Japan is a wonderful country, it's a mix of old (temples, gardens) and modern (Japan has developed so many brands such as sony, canon, toyota, toshiba that today are well known all around the world). That's very worth to visit it. I stayed in Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo. During my traveling I had the possibility to see many Buddhist temples. The most beautifull temple I saw was the one in Kyoto: the kiyomizudera temple. That's absolutly fantastic!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The beauties of Japan!

I saw kiyomizudera as well - and it is beautiful. Kyoto is a must-see when visiting Japan.

I lived in Japan for a year about 9 years ago. Did the teaching English thing (though it wasn't as popular then as it is now). Really interesting place to live. Had some really hard times, and some really great times.

Being Canadian, I was unaccustomed at the time to seeing such large, centuries-old structures. We simply don't have that in Canada. It's breathtaking, in the literal sense.

Japan is where I fell in love with photography, and have pursued it since!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:07 am
Just Joined

pojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Japan is where I fell in love full stop My boy won't leave so am stuck

It's a lovely, rural metropolitan full of warm, frustrating, rude, generous suspicious gentle people. I love it and hate it more every day.

is anyone still here?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

It is the land of contradictions, to use a cliche, so loving it and hating it at the same time makes sense

I loved it and hated it while I was there, too. When I left I didn't think I would ever want to go back. But, time has passed and I could see myself visiting Japan again in the future.

Best of luck to you.