Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Wrong Registration Number on Libretto Sticker

Wrong Registration Number on Libretto Sticker

Old Oct 19th 2020, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future
Default Wrong Registration Number on Libretto Sticker

Hello

i discovered a couple of days ago that the sticker that they put in the libretto from the motorizzazione with the date of new owner had the wrong registration number on it due to a typing error.

The previous owner received a letter about the upcoming revisione, which altered me to this. I had been stopped a couple of times by the carabinieri who hadn’t noticed either.

Does this mean that the car has never been officially mine? Could I somehow be liable for a fine (if there were to be one) from the car that was on the sticker in my libretto? Or is this just something ‘relatively’ minor that can be corrected.

If anyone has any insights that’d be great, thanks.
Old Oct 19th 2020, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wrong Registration Number on Libretto Sticker

I would go along to your local ACI office and get them to sort it out I am sure that it is not a unique situation
Old Oct 19th 2020, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

You might try avvisAci on the ACI online services to check your number plate.
Old Oct 20th 2020, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

The father in law was able to go along to the motorizzazione that did the sticker and they printed a new one backdated - surprisingly simple and straightforward!