Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

World Cup - England or Italy ??

World Cup - England or Italy ??

Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Cup - England or Italy ??

Originally Posted by PAT M
Yes Indie, now that's more like it, I shall be watching our boys next time, especially Pepperooney
I wouldn't Pat, I think you will be dissapointed!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by selinuntina
We here watching it in Liverpool, DS is shouting at the telly and they've just scored !!!!!!!!!!!
We sang along too, very jolly song !!
me and oh went 'Fraaaatelli da da da da.... ' and then got back to the more serious business of drinking our Romanian beer and eating our Lint limited edition mint-milk choc! I'm not sure thay'd ever let us stay here on a long-term basis!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

I heard on the radio this morning that the Lega Nord are not only refusing to support Italy in the World Cup, but they have decided to actively support and cheer whichever team is playing against Italy! How stupid is that?!?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
I heard on the radio this morning that the Lega Nord are not only refusing to support Italy in the World Cup, but they have decided to actively support and cheer whichever team is playing against Italy! How stupid is that?!?
Really? Why would they do that?? Seems a bit weird to me... are they hoping to have their own team in the future......
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by indiebird
Really? Why would they do that?? Seems a bit weird to me... are they hoping to have their own team in the future......
Dunno why (beyond the fact that they're morons). Having a quick look on web, there are articles about it in various newspapers. Eg. http://city.corriere.it/2010/06/16/m...08148458.shtml
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Just suppose "Padania" were able to form a team, they would probably all have lots of southern blood running through their vains, if all the southern italians who have emigrated to "Padania" were to up sticks and return to the south, I wonder if their economy would survive, racism is so short-sighted.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:44 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

They already have one.

http://www.corriere.it/politica/10_g...4f02aabe.shtml
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 37100
Thanks, I see they played against Kurdistan on 5th June in Gozo, they are part of the Popoli senza Nazione league but it's not recognised by Uefa of Fifa, I see there is also a team called Regno delle due Sicilie which I think was the old title of Puglia, Calabria, Naples and Sicily before the unification of Italy? Correct me if I'm wrong as not completely sure.

Last edited by PAT M; Jun 15th 2010 at 11:46 am. Reason: Added more regions!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Ciao Pat M, you are right of course. The Regno delle due Sicilie was illegally annexed by Garibaldi in 1861, to form the geographical expression now known as ' Italy'
ciao for now.
o'nonno
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:25 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

the biggest liberty was the rugby singing "swing low sweet chariot" where is the relevance , a negro spiritual , the price of multiculturalism, the don't want us to have a thing of our own, all the football commentators are jocks why? I did not think they competed at top level, I was in a pub 2 or 3 years ago and I said name a Scottish foot baller the best anyone could do was Denis law
Old Jun 15th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bricwood
the biggest liberty was the rugby singing "swing low sweet chariot" where is the relevance , a negro spiritual , the price of multiculturalism, the don't want us to have a thing of our own, all the football commentators are jocks why? I did not think they competed at top level, I was in a pub 2 or 3 years ago and I said name a Scottish foot baller the best anyone could do was Denis law
Is it only English people you like Bricwood? Do you have to be born there or just live there AND be white and Anglo-Saxon looking?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:02 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bricwood
One day I'll understand what you are talking about!! Why was it a liberty??! To who or by whom??! Sorry, don't get that bit at all!! Plus you don't have to have been a good player to be able to commentate...Sometimes having an old pro commentate can be a hindrance...
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

I'm very pleased to see that you think the singing of Swing Low Sweet Chariot is "the price of multiculturalism". If only everyone realised, like you most clearly do, that multiculturalism costs so little and has such pleasant consequences what a happier world this would be.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
I'm very pleased to see that you think the singing of Swing Low Sweet Chariot is "the price of multiculturalism". If only everyone realised, like you most clearly do, that multiculturalism costs so little and has such pleasant consequences what a happier world this would be.
Think you two should meet up as have so much in common and not too far away
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about

I turned on sky at lunch time and had a quick look at the match. It seems that sky Italy must've got more complaints about the vuvuzelas as the background noise in Italian as half as loud as it is if I switch over to English (you seem to get a choice of up to 3 languages for the world cup).

Think I might watch the next England match in Italian instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.