Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

World Cup - England or Italy ??

World Cup - England or Italy ??

Old Jun 12th 2010, 10:50 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice
Talking Re: World Cup - England or Italy ??

I don't claim to be an expert on football but being brought up with an English sense of right and wrong Italian footballers have always seemed tripping diving cheats to me, I watched a few bits of the last world cup and I know Italians have no shame as long as they win, tonight I missed the England game even though I have all the sports channels which I bought by mistake as young Frankenstein was on the movie channel
Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: World Cup - England or Italy ??

[QUOTE=bricwood;8629085 Italian footballers have always seemed tripping diving cheats to me, [/QUOTE]

bricwood, I never thought we'd agree on anything. But lo and behold! This world is always open to suprises.

Last edited by Anderson Council; Jun 13th 2010 at 12:14 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 13th 2010, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Yes, Margaret, I expect everyone in our age group has similar happy memories of really winning the World Cup, my brother used to jump so high he hit the ceiling every time England scored, I would never have dreamt that I would be living in Puglia one day! I felt sorry for Green last night, did he have butter on those gloves?! I shall be supporting Oz today.

Mr B, that must be so frustrating to have frequent power cuts, especially during football matches! have you thought of a generator? Houses by the sea are a nightmare to maintain, we have a small one and we have to replaster half way up the wall every year because of the "salamastra" a rising damp from under ground water? Anyway sorry to go off topic.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
1st of all what are women doing on this thread? if you did not know ladies its about football!!!!

Carry on with the ironing and pasta making
Posh, unlike you lot, we can multi-task and do all three and more all at the same time if we want to
Old Jun 13th 2010, 7:46 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

As some have mentioned 66, I lived near chigwell then and used to spend friday nights in the retreat also used by many west ham footballers, they were real gents in those days, no body bothered them , no groupies or roastings, they wore nice suits and were imaculate, also later trevor brooking used my bank I often lined up at the till behind him, very skinny , footballers today seem trash compared to them, there are scandels every week, and they earn a fortune, its all part of how low the counties sunk
Old Jun 13th 2010, 8:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by PAT M
Yes, Margaret, I expect everyone in our age group has similar happy memories of really winning the World Cup, my brother used to jump so high he hit the ceiling every time England scored, I would never have dreamt that I would be living in Puglia one day! I felt sorry for Green last night, did he have butter on those gloves?! I shall be supporting Oz today.

Mr B, that must be so frustrating to have frequent power cuts, especially during football matches! have you thought of a generator? Houses by the sea are a nightmare to maintain, we have a small one and we have to replaster half way up the wall every year because of the "salamastra" a rising damp from under ground water? Anyway sorry to go off topic.
no damp problems its all in good nick as a building but who would think its possible to spend a fortune on paint its the sheer size of the outside of 2 buildings , next Wednesday solar panels for water, still got to do the outside bathroom and garage, generator not a solution really as the electric was going off for around 1 minute every 10, I am looking into solar electricity in august when my girlfriend will be here for 2 months and make sure they dont tuck me up
Old Jun 13th 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
Is there a possibility that England and Italy play each other at all?
Yes but only in the Final !! that would be a bit awkward.
I thought the England team looked very smart last night, they've been talking about how disciplined Capello is, lets see if it works.
I'm looking forward to Italy game too although DH will be in work. We all know the Italian national anthem, better than the English one !! I love Buffon and Carnavaro !!!!
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:08 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the Italian footballer who was in all the soap ads back in the last world cup I think?? Don't think he plays anymore - this was on ITV in UK. The woman was in the bath dreaming about him turning up in his undies to get in the bath with her!! I liked him....
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

The England team did look smart but does it annoy anyone else that they don't all sing the National Anthem? The americans sing theirs with their hands on their hearts, what's wrong with us?
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Who was the Italian footballer who was in all the soap ads back in the last world cup I think?? Don't think he plays anymore - this was on ITV in UK. The woman was in the bath dreaming about him turning up in his undies to get in the bath with her!! I liked him....
Was it Totti?
Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

The England team did look smart but does it annoy anyone else that they don't all sing the National Anthem? The americans sing theirs with their hands on their hearts, what's wrong with us?
As an anti-monarchist, atheist and music lover I would refuse to sing the National Anthem. They should ditch the Royal Family and change the anthem to Jerusalem.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

it was paulo dicanio up the hammers.cheers brian.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
As an anti-monarchist, atheist and music lover I would refuse to sing the National Anthem. They should ditch the Royal Family and change the anthem to Jerusalem.
Ditch the Royal family, to be replaced with ... what? Let's have your suggestions. Atheist.... then why Jerusalem? Music lover? OK so it's nothing to boogie to but it is ours and should be respected, imho
Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:16 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BRIAN 1
it was paulo dicanio up the hammers.cheers brian.
Thank you SO much! Here's a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a07g-i3KTuY

Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ditch the Royal family, to be replaced with ... what? Let's have your suggestions. Atheist.... then why Jerusalem? Music lover? OK so it's nothing to boogie to but it is ours and should be respected, imho
For various reasons I prefer a Head of State like they have here. Jerusalem cos it's beautiful and patriotic (I don't think it mentions God). As for "it's ours and it should be respected" I'm afraid I don't share or understand that view.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.