Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

World Cup - England or Italy ??

World Cup - England or Italy ??

Old Jun 12th 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road
Default World Cup - England or Italy ??

Who u supporting ?? I used to always have a England flag outside my gate but Italy has always been my second team, even when I was a kid. Was amazing being in Italy when they won the world cup, an experience I'll never forget !!
Today we're off to my uncle's bday bbq and will be watching the match with all the family. Hoping to get together with DHs work colleagues, all Italians, for Mondays match.
Here In Liverpool the streets are red and white, especially down by my nans, she lives in the street next to where Gerrard is from and every house is done up !!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Emos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: World Cup - England or Italy ??

Can i say both? Well would be good to see England win after going 40+ years without winning anything but the fact im in Italy now, being here if Italy won the WC would be memorable, just like what you were saying about 2006.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

We will be buying the Italian tricolor as soon as, it's a difficult one for my sons having an Italian Dad and an English Mum, in the meantime I am flying the flag of St George (in my kitchen, I'm not daft), I was here too for Italy's win in 2006, memorable dancing in the street and flag waving from every car and roof top. I was 16 when England won the World Cup and of course will never forget all the excitement that caused. The only thing that is spoiling the game we're watching at the moment (South Korea v Greece) are those horrible trumpets that sound like a swarm of bees, it's noise pollution imho. Enjoy the game tonight everybody
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

England. Pure and simple. You can take the girl out of England but you can't take England out of the girl! I would imagine it won't be long before we're hiding our heads in shame though eh.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

I'm not gonna write it, it would be naff... Oh ok, I will... No, I can't... Yes, I can... Ok, here goes... ENG-ER-LAND, ENG-ER-LAND, ENG-ER-LAND!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:16 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Going to iron in front of it and with more than my knickers on...! I'll leave that one to Indie to explain if she dares!!!!

Check out the Daily Show interview with the US team by their resident "English" interviewer! Hysterical!! You did all see the match with Czech Republic didn't you??!

Ah well, you can but hope they don't embarrass us!!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Spose i would back England as my mates are here watching the match right now and would get slaughtered if i put an Italian flag up outside. but i dont really like football much
petrol runs through my veins and football aint fast enough
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Going to iron in front of it and with more than my knickers on...! I'll leave that one to Indie to explain if she dares!!!!
Well at least I now know I'm not the only person who irons only in their knickers with the fan in front of the ironing board in the summer!

What an idiot that goal-keeper of ours is! I only watch football in the World Cup if I can help it.... makes me the perfect armchair critic
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Quite a few houses around me have the flags outside. I got OH a t-shirt from Sainsburys which says "Godfather" on the front and has a piture of Capello on it. Watching it now.

Can I say I support both Italy and England? Much easier to get England flags being in the UK tho

I was in Italy when they won at the last workd cup and that was AMAZING!

Is there a possibility that England and Italy play each other at all?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Cant watch it as only have satellite freeview tv and it is scrambled....Local'ish bars in town do have big TV's and do big pasta grub when Italy playing...may go and eat, drink and be merry on Monday
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

1st of all what are women doing on this thread? if you did not know ladies its about football!!!!

Carry on with the ironing and pasta making
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
1st of all what are women doing on this thread? if you did not know ladies its about football!!!!

Carry on with the ironing and pasta making
That is SOO sexist! They like shoes as well! We were good, shoulda won. Not a great tragedy the draw though- I reckon. It'll get us going. Til we lose in the semi. On penalties. To Germany.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAT M
We will be buying the Italian tricolor as soon as, it's a difficult one for my sons having an Italian Dad and an English Mum, in the meantime I am flying the flag of St George (in my kitchen, I'm not daft), I was here too for Italy's win in 2006, memorable dancing in the street and flag waving from every car and roof top. I was 16 when England won the World Cup and of course will never forget all the excitement that caused. The only thing that is spoiling the game we're watching at the moment (South Korea v Greece) are those horrible trumpets that sound like a swarm of bees, it's noise pollution imho. Enjoy the game tonight everybody
Well, here we are, both in Puglia, and both remember the last time England won (I was 14, nearly 15, so we must have very similar memories). I missed out on being here when Italy won, but my son actually flew in with 3 friends the night of the final - got talking to an Italian on the plane, and ended up watching the final in his apartment in Brindisi before going on to our house. He said is was fantastic, driving from Brindisi to San Vito Dei Normanni with, as you say, all the flag waving from cars etc.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
That is SOO sexist! They like shoes as well! We were good, shoulda won. Not a great tragedy the draw though- I reckon. It'll get us going. Til we lose in the semi. On penalties. To Germany.
Please don't let it be true this time.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:52 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and don't forget, to make it complete Rooney would need to be red carded in the game before so he misses the semi...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.