Work permit?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Work permit?

Originally Posted by ROSALINDANN
Lorna's pet hate has reared it's head yet again. When signing up to the site they should put a warning sign up for the Italian page. DON'T MENTION PdS OR ELSE....
Oops didn't realise it was a sore point...

Mind you as far as I'm concerned The Embassy is the new Questura .... ie. not helpful and a bit bolshy. I have your names!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:12 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Oops didn't realise it was a sore point...

Mind you as far as I'm concerned The Embassy is the new Questura .... ie. not helpful and a bit bolshy. I have your names!
It only becomes a sore point if people insist that it is still absolutely necessary like the afore mentioned nutter who kept saying that everyone had to be registered at the questura etc. etc. and all of us who kept telling him that he was wrong and giving him several legal links were going to end up in exile.

He made a lot of us quite mad that day.

They don't have guns at the Embassy though do they?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
It only becomes a sore point if people insist that it is still absolutely necessary like the afore mentioned nutter who kept saying that everyone had to be registered at the questura etc. etc. and all of us who kept telling him that he was wrong and giving him several legal links were going to end up in exile.

He made a lot of us quite mad that day.
oooer...was he an Italian?

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

They don't have guns at the Embassy though do they?
I'm not sure if they do have them but I feel like going in there with one...
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:38 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
oooer...was he an Italian?

I'm not sure if they do have them but I feel like going in there with one...
I've just remembered his name because he was a nerd and his username was Nardini.

He pops up on page 10 on a thread called "avoiding paperwork" if you fancy an interesting read.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

[quote=and his username was Nardini.

Probably because he liked drinking it
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:16 pm

Maybe he's had far too much of it.

Anybody reading his posts that day could have been forgiven for thinking he'd killed off most of his brain cells!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:56 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Now now. Remember Rule 1.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:10 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Now now. Remember Rule 1.
What, beware little old men with brooms??!

Or is that just in discworld??
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:06 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

You do not talk about fight club...
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:26 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, THAT rule!! Sorry....Meatloaf at his best....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:38 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend went in to have his i.d. card extended a further five years. He has the credit card type which can't be altered so now he has a piece of paper to keep with his card with the new expiry date.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:46 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casalottian
Hi,

I'm about to start a new job and will have an Italian contract "a tempo indeterminato". My new employer hasn't told me what I need to do other than to bring my passport on day 1. I'm guessing that I need to do more than that! Can anyone give me a head start on what I might need to apply for? I hold a uk passport.

I'm currently resident in the UK but have told the inland revenue who are going to send me an IR85 (I think) to say I'm moving abroad.

Thanks.
Hi and congratulations. Where will you be based here in Italy -nosey lot, we are-? If you're working for one of the larger employers they will be able to help you through all the difficulties. Things here are often about who, and not what you know. We sometimes give different answers to the same question. This is because things can vary from region to region, even things like the health service. But not, and I stress not, Permessi di Soggiorno. The last sentence was for the benefit of Lorna's mental health.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ROSALINDANN
Friend went in to have his i.d. card extended a further five years. He has the credit card type which can't be altered so now he has a piece of paper to keep with his card with the new expiry date.
Ha! don't you just love Italian bureaucracy .. they come up with something modern but then if someone else changes something then you have to have a bit of paper too!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about

Wow, what a lot of replies!

I already have a place to live, and my son already goes to school in Rome (my wife is Italian). When I was offered the job I went to get a codice fiscale which they gave me on the spot, so no problem with that. Also the job provides medical and dental insurance for the whole family so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Although the company has an italian presence, it's pretty small, and I won't have anything to do with it. I'll be going to the UK office for the induction.

So given all of that, it looks like I need to apply for residency (according to Lorna) and I'm sorted?

Cheers,
and if anyone fancies a pint in Rome somewhere, let me know!
Old May 1st 2009, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by casalottian
Wow, what a lot of replies!

I already have a place to live, and my son already goes to school in Rome (my wife is Italian). When I was offered the job I went to get a codice fiscale which they gave me on the spot, so no problem with that. Also the job provides medical and dental insurance for the whole family so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Although the company has an italian presence, it's pretty small, and I won't have anything to do with it. I'll be going to the UK office for the induction.

So given all of that, it looks like I need to apply for residency (according to Lorna) and I'm sorted?

Cheers,
and if anyone fancies a pint in Rome somewhere, let me know!
Let us know how you get on when you get here - please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.