British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   why can't I book a flight?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/why-cant-i-book-flight-690243/)

giodafa Oct 19th 2010 9:25 am

why can't I book a flight??

Anyone know what's going on with R***air? not sure if I can mention the companys name but we all know who I'm talking about.No flights after 31 October! So how do I get home to do my xmas shopping:unsure::confused:

Margaret M Oct 19th 2010 5:57 pm

Re: why can't I book a flight??

I booked a flight Stansted to Brindisi for 6th January a couple of days ago.

duffer Oct 19th 2010 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by giodafa (Post 8929273)
Anyone know what's going on with R***air? not sure if I can mention the companys name but we all know who I'm talking about.No flights after 31 October! So how do I get home to do my xmas shopping:unsure::confused:

Would you care to mention the departure and destinations? It may be that they've stopped the route, perhaps?

TestaRossa Oct 19th 2010 7:31 pm

Yeah, all the "summer" tourist routes with both Ryan and Easy finish end of October, so Pisa to Manchester, Bournemouth and Malaga finishes then but they continue to Gatwick. You'll find you can get from Malpensa to most places all year around and from Gatwick. :) They normally start up again a couple of weeks before Easter, so they may start later this year than normal as Easter is late.

If you are in Rome I'm guessing the flights to your destination have stopped as Rome is another, smaller hub for both Ryan and Easy..

ononno Oct 19th 2010 10:25 pm

:)Ciao, Christmas shopping? A suggestion; take a Vueling flight from Rome to Malaga; and then a day trip to Gibraltar. That's what I do, although I have relatives near Malaga, so quite easy.
ciao for now,
'o nonno

TestaRossa Oct 19th 2010 11:19 pm

Not quite the same though is it?? It would do me but then I don't hanker for all things British too much at the moment.:)

ononno Oct 20th 2010 12:08 am

:)as a matter of fact not a lot different. There is a huge Morrison's supermarket that is entirely British, with all you could wish for and more. Plus a Marks and Spencers, and a Dorothy Perkins, and loads of Asian run Britsh High Street type shops. Currency is Sterling, and Euro accepted everywhere.
I hope to be going on a day trip Dec 3rd. so will report back on what I couldn't find!
ciao for now,
'o nonno

indiebird Oct 20th 2010 12:36 am

The only difference for me would be my actual loved ones don't live in Gibraltar..... :)

TestaRossa Oct 20th 2010 1:18 am

Originally Posted by ononno (Post 8930832)
:)as a matter of fact not a lot different. There is a huge Morrison's supermarket that is entirely British, with all you could wish for and more. Plus a Marks and Spencers, and a Dorothy Perkins, and loads of Asian run Britsh High Street type shops. Currency is Sterling, and Euro accepted everywhere.
I hope to be going on a day trip Dec 3rd. so will report back on what I couldn't find!
ciao for now,
'o nonno

I was there in July! ;) A DAY trip? I hope you mean from Malaga not Naples?!!:eek: That's we did, caught the bus from Marbella to La Linea - that bit was great, coming back was a nightmare with buses not existing and then rows with idiots on the bus, changing at Estepona which then took as long as the original trip from Marbella to La Linea!!

I was thinking more a long the lines of Indie tbh, plus it's really small compared to say Brighton or Croydon or London - oh and it takes twice as long to fly there!! :rofl:

Ononno, word of advice - take a credit card or change your euros to sterling - I took euros and was losing quite heavily. A £7 transaction cost me €11 but then the change back in pounds meant I lost another 1!! It was all very odd and I think a CC or sterling would make it much easier! :)

giodafa Oct 20th 2010 1:35 am

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 8930158)
Would you care to mention the departure and destinations? It may be that they've stopped the route, perhaps?

I thought the airline might have had technical problems because I put in three destinations, Rome to Liverpool, Rome to east midlands and Rome to Glasgow.Why would they stop the route ? I use these flights three times a year and they are always full up:( I was really looking forward to a bit of decent shopping, I'm getting Primark withdrawal symptoms:D

TestaRossa Oct 20th 2010 1:40 am

Rome to London then??! Or have you a widespread family?!;)

cinzia Nov 30th 2010 12:58 am

Hi, i am new to this site, i have recently moved to Italy from England and travel with Ryanair, but i am confused as to why they have stopped some flights, i normally fly Rome to East Midlands at Christmas and Rimini to East Midlands in the summer, but for some stupid reason these flights have been stopped, very very annoying. I now have to travel to London Stanstead which is way out of my way!!!

chris120 Nov 30th 2010 5:33 am

Yep, CIA to EMA has been stopped; I used it a lot, sadly no more.

internationalbefky Nov 30th 2010 8:01 am

Originally Posted by giodafa (Post 8931061)
I thought the airline might have had technical problems because I put in three destinations, Rome to Liverpool, Rome to east midlands and Rome to Glasgow.Why would they stop the route ? I use these flights three times a year and they are always full up:( I was really looking forward to a bit of decent shopping, I'm getting Primark withdrawal symptoms:D

I looked everywhere for flights from Rome to Liverpool to get me home for Christmas, but no such luck - I'm now flying Rome-Amsterdam-Manchester! :(
Easyjet did the same thing between Lisbon and Liverpool when I lived in Portugal - they stop the "seasonal" flights which meant I had to travel down to Faro in the middle of the night, find a taxi to the airport from the bus station at 4:30 in the morning, and sleep on an airport bench before catching my flight to the 'Pool. Never again. :(

cinzia Dec 1st 2010 2:54 am

Does anyone know of any "reasonably priced" airlines that go from Rome to East Midlands throughout the year, apart from the obvious Ryanair who dont do that anymore!!