Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Who is in Sicily? - I made it :)

Who is in Sicily? - I made it :)

Old Jun 19th 2018, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

msmiele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who is in Sicily? - I made it :)

Originally Posted by Pailor
Hi Jodie,

I have been into Gela a few times, it stresses me out driving in the bigger towns here still!
Especially if I don't know where I am going! TomTom maps has a rather loose understanding of the roads here from what I've seen!
I'm about 20 mins from Niscemi and probably half an hour ish from Gela. It's a smallholding so we're out in the agricultural area here.

I'm going to have to be a big brave girl and go to Gela soon and sort out my residence I am not looking forward to that, did you find the process okay?

I'm loving it here already, especially the sunshine ( my husband says I'm solar powered lol) I can't imagine going back to the UK now!

Donna
Hi Donna! sorry for the super long reply! Few internet issues, Anyway, I actually haven't applied for residence yet! (been back an forth to the uk) I need to get my documents legally translated. Need to find someone here that can do it. don't suppose you know anyone here? Have you applied yet? if so was it straight forward? sorry for all the questions. Any help would be massively appreciated! Take care hope your settling in well.
Jodie
Old Jun 20th 2018, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Pailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jodie,

Glad you're back!
I haven't applied yet either, perhaps we should go together! I know a man who knows a solicitor who knows a translator.. haha!
Have you got all the info of what documents exactly we need to supply? Hows your Italian? Mine is 'just about managing to do/get things I need. I"m trying but the verbs get me every time!

I was under the impression that all the documents would have to be translated and notarized back in the UK? πŸ€”

But to be fair, I've been generally avoiding thinking about it too much as it all seems such a hassle 🀀

Perhaps we should meet up? I'll be brave and drive down to Gela! πŸ˜…

Donna
Old Jun 20th 2018, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Our own experience and that of others we know (all different comuni) is that the comune will decide what documents they want! For example ours insisted on having our marriage certificate (including a sworn translation), whereas others we know did not need such. In the end we thought it best to get what the comune wanted and not rock the boat. We found a sworn/registered translator and had her translate our documents and go to the Tribunale to have them legalised. Can’t recall the final cost, but it was around €50 per document, which included a β€œbollo” for upto 4 pages per document. I would suggest you start by asking them what they want.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Pailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the roughPailor is a jewel in the rough

Geordieborn thanks for the info! 😁
Old Jun 27th 2018, 8:58 am
Just Joined

msmiele is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pailor
Hi Jodie,

Glad you're back!
I haven't applied yet either, perhaps we should go together! I know a man who knows a solicitor who knows a translator.. haha!
Have you got all the info of what documents exactly we need to supply? Hows your Italian? Mine is 'just about managing to do/get things I need. I"m trying but the verbs get me every time!

I was under the impression that all the documents would have to be translated and notarized back in the UK? πŸ€”

But to be fair, I've been generally avoiding thinking about it too much as it all seems such a hassle 🀀

Perhaps we should meet up? I'll be brave and drive down to Gela! πŸ˜…

Donna
Hi Donna I sent you a private message but not sure if you received it. If you ever want to meet up for a coffee let me know. Maybe we can help each other out!
Good luck with everything.
Jodie.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jodie,
sorry for the long delay. Just to let you know I sent you a message... it didn't notify me when you sent me one, so I thought it might notify you if I replied here!

Dx