Western Sicily

Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

sampenati is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Western Sicily

Does anybody practice yoga?
I have been here about 4 months. When I ask around about yoga people look at me like I am asking for illicit drugs.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice
Default Re: Western Sicily

Originally Posted by sampenati
Does anybody practice yoga?
I have been here about 4 months. When I ask around about yoga people look at me like I am asking for illicit drugs.
Try it with a sicilian accent YOOOOOGHA!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by giuliana
Try it with a sicilian accent YOOOOOGHA!
Tante buone cose a te!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

Tante buone cose a te!
Thank you!

I didn't want to offend you, it's just if I say an English word to a Sicilian and say it with an English accent they never understand so now I say it with a Sicilian accent and they get it, eg; week end I say weeeek ennnnnnnnnnd.
I was laughing in my previous post because I have the same problem but if you use this method it works!
Sorry if I offended you I didn't mean to.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by giuliana
Thank you!

I didn't want to offend you, it's just if I say an English word to a Sicilian and say it with an English accent they never understand so now I say it with a Sicilian accent and they get it, eg; week end I say weeeek ennnnnnnnnnd.
I was laughing in my previous post because I have the same problem but if you use this method it works!
Sorry if I offended you I didn't mean to.
No offense at all. I was just trying to send some Sicilian back at you. For all the many frustrations of the last 4 months, I'm still quite in love with the place and the people. Will try out your liguistic technique in general. But I'm afraid they do know what I'm talking about when I say "yoga" and they give me that frightened look like I want to burn incense and sell flowers at airports and take the pork out of sausage . . . .
Thanks very much for your advice. Really!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:55 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

No offense at all. I was just trying to send some Sicilian back at you. For all the many frustrations of the last 4 months, I'm still quite in love with the place and the people. Will try out your liguistic technique in general. But I'm afraid they do know what I'm talking about when I say "yoga" and they give me that frightened look like I want to burn incense and sell flowers at airports and take the pork out of sausage . . . .
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

When I first moved out there I joined a gym and took part in an exercise class. It was like stepping back in time, a scene from Flashdance, right down to the leggings and leotard (actually thinking about it maybe they were ahead of their time and its where Madonna got her inspiration for her video from). I had done Yoga in UK and halfway through the class the instructor stopped and said to me in front of the whole class "si vedi che hai fatto Yoga !" like it was some strange and dreadful crime I never went back.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:27 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selinuntina
When I first moved out there I joined a gym and took part in an exercise class. It was like stepping back in time, a scene from Flashdance, right down to the leggings and leotard (actually thinking about it maybe they were ahead of their time and its where Madonna got her inspiration for her video from). I had done Yoga in UK and halfway through the class the instructor stopped and said to me in front of the whole class "si vedi che hai fatto Yoga !" like it was some strange and dreadful crime I never went back.
I have heard that pole dancing is a great form of exercise and fun too - but I am not going to start asking people in my little village if they know where and if any pole dancing classes are held

They might think I'm looking for a job in one of the lapdance bars in the city - that would seriously give the tongue waggers something new and exciting to wag about