British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Watching Italian TV in UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/watching-italian-tv-uk-641891/)

.Ariel. Nov 23rd 2009 7:55 pm

Watching Italian TV in UK

Anyone know how to do this? The RAI site only seems to work if you are in Italy (like the BBC site with England). Even being able to download tv programs would be good - ie an equivalent of the UK Nova site.

katu Nov 23rd 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Watching Italian TV in UK

My OH wached La Corrida live the other week, I can't imagine that he did anything more technical than searching for canale 5 on google? The same for Rai uno and due.

.Ariel. Nov 23rd 2009 9:05 pm

Could you see if he did anything in particular. Did you watch live or later? On the RAI site it says "This content is reserved only to the users in the Italian country" I is not in the Italian country, so cannot watch :(

Patty Nov 23rd 2009 9:08 pm

When we lived in the UK - I got this as a present for my hubby. I called the satellite man and he came and fixed up the whole package (the dish etc) and did all the fiddly bits and hey presto we had all the RAI channels. It wasnt too cheap but it was a great present. (well for OH it was ;))

.Ariel. Nov 23rd 2009 9:08 pm

I can't see any options for watching the mediaset channels at all.

katu Nov 23rd 2009 9:23 pm

Could you see if he did anything in particular
Sorry, I wasn't very helpful before!

If you search for "live streaming canale 5" or rai channels you will find the slightly dodgier sites which do allow you to watch. Just tried it myself and through coolstreaming I now have canale 5 big brother coverage showing within seconds!!

duffer Nov 24th 2009 11:10 am

Why?

.Ariel. Nov 24th 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks Katu, I'll have a go.

Duffer, I hear what you're saying, but the reason is so that OH, who is a new expat, can watch some Italian telly. A bit of home for him.

TestaRossa Nov 24th 2009 4:36 pm

.Ariel. I know Annika over on Expats in Italy watches it in Sweden - you could post there and find out how she does it. Could be exactly the same way as katu, but worth covering different options!:)

selinuntina Nov 24th 2009 5:57 pm

I thought about getting this for DH too but evenings watching anno zero and other political crap has changed my mind.

Patty Nov 24th 2009 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by selinuntina (Post 8122142)
I thought about getting this for DH too but evenings watching anno zero and other political crap has changed my mind.

Yeah but he's also missing Victoria from Gira la Ruota :rofl::rofl:

.Ariel. Nov 24th 2009 6:40 pm

:D Well I've already said that if we get it, there'll be no Mediaset, only Rai. Plus we've got 2 tellies so I can always go to another room to escape :D

Gira la Ruota. lol.

Patty Nov 24th 2009 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by .Ariel. (Post 8122250)
:D Well I've already said that if we get it, there'll be no Mediaset, only Rai. Plus we've got 2 tellies so I can always go to another room to escape :D

Gira la Ruota. lol.

thats what its like in my house - english tv upstairs and hubby relegated to downstairs to watch all the rubbish :D

.Ariel. Nov 25th 2009 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Patty (Post 8122583)
thats what its like in my house - english tv upstairs and hubby relegated to downstairs to watch all the rubbish :D

:rofl:

PAT M Nov 29th 2009 8:09 am

We had the Rai stations when we lived in London. Went to Tottenham Court Road and a satellite shop set up the dish and LCD(?) for us and we had a box thingy. I hate Italian TV but OH enjoyed it. Over here I watch english TV in the kitchen or on my PC. We also found an Italian TV engineer when we had problems in London, we found him through asking OH's Italian barber, another good source and mine of information was the Italian deli.