Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Watching english tv in Italy

Watching english tv in Italy

Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Watching english tv in Italy

Originally Posted by duffer
So you don't want to swap now?

You just want to watch...

... English TV
Only if it's in 3D
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

so lets all get webcams set up , this sounds more interesting than UK TV
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
so lets all get webcams set up , this sounds more interesting than UK TV
.. no. lets' NOT go there ... or there perhaps Duffer has already got his out ..

...his webcam, I mean

Last edited by MarkRD; Mar 1st 2012 at 3:31 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

I suggest you go with Sky TV and the dish. What's happened in the past is that these online apps will start asking for money or limit your speed/quality and in the end they just get shutdown for copyright infringement. So if you have the means, enjoy it whilst it lasts but I wouldn't go to any extra expense for a streaming site.
Ok, but then I was thinking how to pay because I only have an Italian bank account and euros. Won't sky want a direct debit on an English account in Sterling?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:01 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese
Ok, but then I was thinking how to pay because I only have an Italian bank account and euros. Won't sky want a direct debit on an English account in Sterling?
You can pay by credit card but there is an extra charge of 50p. It might've gone up now.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

cinzia is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest you go with Sky TV and the dish. What's happened in the past is that these online apps will start asking for money or limit your speed/quality and in the end they just get shutdown for copyright infringement. So if you have the means, enjoy it whilst it lasts but I wouldn't go to any extra expense for a streaming site.
Nothing wrong with my speedway/quality on my iPad, i havent been asked for any money either, i am not paying a penny to watch all these programmes live, just off the internet. I havent got any complaints!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cinzia
Nothing wrong with my speedway/quality on my iPad, i havent been asked for any money either, i am not paying a penny to watch all these programmes live, just off the internet. I havent got any complaints!
how long have you been doing it?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:56 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

All I'm saying is enjoy it whilst it lasts. Although the company may be legit, what they are doing is illegal so if you do sign up for their premium services, i.e. movies and sports, then I recommend the monthly option in case they cease trading rather than paying the discounted rate for the whole year upfront. This info is based on the fact that their online streaming service was shutdown last year.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

I just thought i would let everyone know that it is possible to watch all the english channels for free in Italy.
I bought myself an Apple IPad when i was last in England and when i came back to Italy i downloaded an apple application from my ipad called Filmon Plus and i now watch all the english programmes live.
A bloody miracle in my eyes!!!!!
Very nice Cinzia this is very handy for BBC.

Nevertheless, I definitely prefer SKY - no Home or SkySports on FilmOn - and I need my DIYSOS and cricket!

Great app though!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

cinzia is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been watching tv on my iPad about 2-3 months, but have been watching tv catch up through expat shield about a year now, i didnt buy the IPad for this purpose only, i wouldnt be without it now, since i got my iPad i very rarely use my lap top, when i went to buy the IPad the man in the shop said to me, once you have an IPad you wont need anything else, i looked at him as if he was mad (having been so used to my lap top). He was right!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the tip-off - Filmon on ipad seems to work very well.

BBCOne has changed a bit since 1986! .. and what are all those ITV channels??

I went to buy a cable to hook-up pad to telly .. price tag € 49,90 seemed a bit steep, and I see on the official Apple store it's € 40,00 . .might look around for a cheaper alternative.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

BBFLBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a satellite dish already set up on your home in Italy, you could always purchase a Sky card and decoder through a company in the UK. My relatives in Spain do this and have the full Sky package.

They used a firm called http://SkyCards.eu - I think they've been operating for quite some time and have Irish and UK Sky cards available.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

I have iphone..Down loaded the app "filmon" and on my phone I can watch "ALL" uk channels free...I tried to install this on my pc BUT you need to subscribe and pay monthly BUT on mobile no pay..just watch
Old Mar 5th 2012, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the original tip-off on this - it works great on the ipad and I believe on i-phone too. A few streaming hiccups but only to be expected.

I noticed there is no BBC Three or Four but beggars can't be...

I tried to watch an episode of Midsomer Murders (Inspector Barnaby) on an ITV channel but the amount of adverts they put in is atrocious. UK adverts are a bit more entertaining than Italain ones but blimey .. I didn't make it to the end of the episode cos it just went on for too long.
I wonder who the murderer was...
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:33 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by MarkRD
I wonder who the murderer was...
It was probably Mr Posh. He's already murdered the English language!

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
...I tried to install this on my pc BUT you need to subscribe and pay monthly BUT on mobile no pay..just watch
No pay... just watch
I love you long time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.