Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Visiting Uk and Italy vaccines not recognized

Visiting Uk and Italy vaccines not recognized

Old Nov 27th 2021, 9:38 am
Just Joined

sla63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting Uk and Italy vaccines not recognized

Just popped over for a few days to see friends. The day before my return I get a message from test and trace. Someone on my plane was positive for covid. Since I was vaccinated in Italy I now have to isolate here for 10 days . Can’t believe it. I was allowed in Uk, my vaccinations were recognized but now they aren’t! Why did s this not mentioned anywhere when booking flights or filling in Uk locator form?
Old Nov 27th 2021, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Uk and Italy vaccines not recognized

Any travel is a risk these days ...
Old Nov 27th 2021, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Any travel is a risk these days ...
I get that but why cancel testing for passengers flying to Uk, allow me to enter on my vaccination status then say they don’t recognize them when someone is positive on the plane. People vaccinated in Uk don’t have to isolate . No logic
Old Nov 27th 2021, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sla63
I get that but why cancel testing for passengers flying to Uk, allow me to enter on my vaccination status then say they don’t recognize them when someone is positive on the plane. People vaccinated in Uk don’t have to isolate . No logic
I hope it wasnt Omicron on the plane.

Old Nov 27th 2021, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

I visited couple weeks ago and had to test within 48hrs of arrival. Has this requirement been dropped? Can't you get 'test to release' (from quarantine)? If you didn't get 48hr test, you can still transmit even if vaccinated. When I filled in UK passenger locator form I had to supply reference number for the 48 hr test I had booked.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

You just have to pick any official UK gov web page on the subject (like this one) to realise how difficult it is to know what you need. First thing you come up against on a lot of them it "click here for England, here for Scotland" etc.... Things get worse the longer it goes on as they add to the rules, change them at will and fail to update some of them. So if we don't have to travel we don't...
Old Nov 27th 2021, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=campos;13076302]I visited couple weeks ago and had to test within 48hrs of arrival. Has this requirement been dropped? Can't you get 'test to release' (from quarantine)? If you didn't get 48hr test, you can still transmit even if vaccinated. When I filled in UK passenger locator form I had to supply reference number for the 48 hr test

you still need to test after 48 hrs which I did and was negative. They won’t let me test to release just said I have to stay 10 days
Old Nov 27th 2021, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

The way things are going you will be lucky to get out in 10 days!
Old Nov 27th 2021, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
The way things are going you will be lucky to get out in 10 days!
Poor Brits will have to wear their masks again. Italy has being doing pretty well up to now with Covid. We have always had to wear masks in indoor areas and respect distancing rules and it seems to have paid off.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Have done pcr not had results yet and tomorrow should do pre flight test . 🤞🏻
Old Dec 1st 2021, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Having read what's been said above, I've been reading the updated rules for PLFs from today. It now says everyone has to quarantine for ten days... there's no suggestion that people are treated differently because of where they were vaccinated.I realise that is not much help to the OP but at least it looks like any unfairness in respect of where people were vaccinated has been removed
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think this means the vaccine is not keeping people from catching Covid anymore?
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nand
Do you think this means the vaccine is not keeping people from catching Covid anymore?
What a strange question. A bit along the lines of "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

I think you'll find that the scientific establishment is pretty much unanimous that the vaccinations reduce significantly (but don't eliminate) the risk of catching Covid, and that they reduce significantly the severity of the infection. No more, no less.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serrano
What a strange question.
Agreed. I was trying to work out how to answer. :-)

I think that people need to try to understand that any preventative measure (masks, social distancing, vaccination, etc) are only about reducing risk... none' of them have ever been about 100% removal of risk. Vaccines are not 100% effective, but they were reducing the risk of transmission. Because we don't know enough about this new omicron variant we can't calculate the risk involved, so new restrictions are being brought in until we know. In addition one could argue that political factors are shaping the changes to regulations. It's too early to say if the vaccines are less effective.

But I wasn't really saying anything about that.
In this case the original poster said that the UK gov were treating people differently based on where they were vaccinated. This doesn't seem to make sense, because the vaccines don't work differently based on geography. And so it seems unfair. All I was saying is that now, any possible unfairness (in this respect) no longer exists because everyone has to quarantine if they are in close contact with someone who tests positive.
​​​
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C.2s
Having read what's been said above, I've been reading the updated rules for PLFs from today. It now says everyone has to quarantine for ten days... there's no suggestion that people are treated differently because of where they were vaccinated.I realise that is not much help to the OP but at least it looks like any unfairness in respect of where people were vaccinated has been removed
So even with PCR test within 48 hours still have to quarantine? Two weeks ago bought ticket for relating to visit UK for a week in March, missing a day to go get tested is one thing, quarantine for ten days quite another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.