Visiting UK

Old Aug 8th 2021, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting UK

Originally Posted by philat98
The problem with 40C is that the structure of the house starts to heat up. It is impossible to get it cooled down at night. I dont know how those folks in Canada coped with 50C. I look forward to September and more managable temperatures.
You hit the nail on the head, if it is not cool enough for long enough the heat builds in the house. Think you have to experience such for a few months on end to know how bad this can be, it was only second to the quakes for us. Canada was awfully hot, but the overnight temperatures were quite low in comparison (21c), so if long enough would have give them a break. Still, I'm happy (ish) with the UK weather at present, again though over time it may get to me with the rain, rain, rain....!
Old Aug 9th 2021, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Not strictly on theme, but is phone charge Roaming another Brexit casualty? (I have been charged in UK for a call that in previous years would have been part of my package.)
Old Aug 9th 2021, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Seldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond repute

I am with EE and they charge for calls to Italy from UK at full rate but vice versa it is part of roaming. WhatsApp seems to be the way to go.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jiminalpago
Not strictly on theme, but is phone charge Roaming another Brexit casualty? (I have been charged in UK for a call that in previous years would have been part of my package.)
Yes, I'm afraid it is. The legal requirement for free roaming lapsed at the end of last year. All (or almost all) UK operators said they had no plans to introduce charges, but you can expect all to introduce them quietly in the not too distant future. Just remember, "Brexit, the gift that goes on taking"©
Old Aug 9th 2021, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid
I am with EE and they charge for calls to Italy from UK at full rate but vice versa it is part of roaming. WhatsApp seems to be the way to go.
My deal is Wind Call Your Country Gold (250 mins/month world wide €10). I had made some local calls and not noticed an effect but a call to Malaya wiped out €15 credit in a few minutes. WhatsApp it is, then.
Thanks also to Serrano.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

At the moment, Vodaphone and EE have re-introduced roaming, but O2 and Three have currently avoided imposing EU roaming charges and are sticking to a fair use data cap of 25GB and 12GB per month respectively.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Plan B
At the moment, Vodaphone and EE have re-introduced roaming, but O2 and Three have currently avoided imposing EU roaming charges and are sticking to a fair use data cap of 25GB and 12GB per month respectively.
I think they’re starting from January.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

As this discussion about mobile phone charges is in the 'Visiting UK' thread I thought at first that you were all talking about people visiting the UK and using your Italian phones... but it seems like you're talking about the opposite...is that right???

My Italian Vodafone contract still seems to include the UK for calls and data without any extra charge as it does for EU countries...at least I hope it does as I'm using it here and I can't see that I'm being charged for it!
Old Aug 10th 2021, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

PSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tpw21
I think they’re starting from January.
For NEW conracts I think !? Don't panic
Old Aug 11th 2021, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=C.2s;13039222]As this discussion about mobile phone charges is in the 'Visiting UK' thread I thought at first that you were all talking about people visiting the UK and using your Italian phones... but it seems like you're talking about the opposite...is that right???

No, my case is Italian phone in UK.
I have since monitored the credit and phone calls within UK and to Italy are covered by my package fee; it may be that extra-European calls are not covered outwith Italy.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jiminalpago;13039494]
Originally Posted by C.2s
As this discussion about mobile phone charges is in the 'Visiting UK' thread I thought at first that you were all talking about people visiting the UK and using your Italian phones... but it seems like you're talking about the opposite...is that right???

No, my case is Italian phone in UK.
I have since monitored the credit and phone calls within UK and to Italy are covered by my package fee; it may be that extra-European calls are not covered outwith Italy.
If you can I would check online there is nothing else coming off your account, there was many a scam on Wind and Tim!
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

I’m booked to go in a couple of weeks and will be taking a test at a pharmacy here to enter the UK. Has anyone else taken one at a pharmacy to get into the UK and did it have all of the required information on the print out? I’ve been told different information by different people at the pharmacy so a bit anxious about it.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tpw21
I’m booked to go in a couple of weeks and will be taking a test at a pharmacy here to enter the UK. Has anyone else taken one at a pharmacy to get into the UK and did it have all of the required information on the print out? I’ve been told different information by different people at the pharmacy so a bit anxious about it.
I have: received a bilingual certificate on Regione Veneto- headed paper with signature and stamp by the pharmacist, all for €22.
it was scrutinised and accepted by P&O Ferries. No-one in UK has asked to see it.
Old Aug 12th 2021, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Geordieborn;13039506]
Originally Posted by jiminalpago
If you can I would check online there is nothing else coming off your account, there was many a scam on Wind and Tim!
Thanks for the tip, marra.
€15 is linked to a number that I don't recognise for 5 mins tondo, tondo!
And the Wind web site doesn't have a Contact Us element: odd for a telecom company!
Old Aug 12th 2021, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=jiminalpago;13039814]
Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Thanks for the tip, marra.
€15 is linked to a number that I don't recognise for 5 mins tondo, tondo!
And the Wind web site doesn't have a Contact Us element: odd for a telecom company!
I'm quite surprised these scams on Wind are still going on. I'm sure they must be involved. Can't recall how I contacted them, but will try to dig out the information. You should be able to stop whatever it is you have "signed up for" (normally an erroneous web click) and get your money back. I wouldn't just leave it as likely you will lose more....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.