Visiting Lucca

Old Mar 22nd 2022, 10:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visiting Lucca

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Not only the area, but down to the person selling, some want what they are asking for (regardless!) , some you can insult by offering too little and some just try it on and will sell for a lot, lot less. Think UK and double or treble the % for the latter, but be cautious if you really like the place and want it as some if insulted might just never sell to you...
Thank you Ripple
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would visit areas that you are interested in in the winter That way you will find out what life is like all year round .Suddenly that lovely place with fantastic views becomes a nightmare because you cannot get out to buy groceries and you cannot get any logs delivered because you underestimated the amount needed .My last winter in Italy on the Umbria/Tuscan border was minus 13 and we were not up in the hills but on the flat around Trasimeno
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Listen Very Carefully
Personally I would visit areas that you are interested in in the winter That way you will find out what life is like all year round .Suddenly that lovely place with fantastic views becomes a nightmare because you cannot get out to buy groceries and you cannot get any logs delivered because you underestimated the amount needed .My last winter in Italy on the Umbria/Tuscan border was minus 13 and we were not up in the hills but on the flat around Trasimeno
Winter was exactly the time we intended but unfortunately the French closed their borders to the UK 3 days before we were due to drive at Christmas. Trasimeno is a lovely area, we know it well from our visits to the area, we actually got married not too far away in Cortona in 2015
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by heritagestanley
We are in the Serchio valley about 45 minutes drive north from Lucca, and love it deeply. It's quite unlike the stereoype of Tuscany. Lucca itself is great, but sits on a plain and so is very hot in summer. But all round it there are attractive hills and valleys, wihere wealthy Lucchese had their summer retreats eg the Vorno and Compitese valleys to the south and above Marlia to the north. Obviously in general the further out you go the more you'll get for your money, including solitude and natural beauty. If having done your reconnaissance the area appeals and you'd like to talk, feel free to DM. Good luck!
Having now just returned and explored the areas around Lucca we have fallen in love with Bagni di Lucca area, lovely countryside, also loved the area around Barga, house prices really have surprised us, very affordable for a good sized house with a significant amount of land

Last edited by scrubbedexpat121; Apr 22nd 2022 at 7:38 am.
Old May 2nd 2022, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Anna 2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark & Ruth, I've just joined & read through your thread with interest! Myself & my husband visited Bagni di lucca several weeks ago househunting & have seen a house we are interested in there. I wondered if you could give us any tips or advice on your experience with your search there?? We visited a few nearby areas including Barga & have fallen in love with the area. We are visiting again on the 20th of May with a view to potentially seeing more properties if our offer is declined on a house we are interested in.