Vaccination

Old Feb 19th 2021, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by modicasa
I suspect the criticism of the AZ vaccine is probably more down to the lobbies than the science. The AZ vaccine costs 3 euros a dose as opposed to between 30 and 40 for the others. The J&J one will cost 10 a dose, so its obvious that Pfizer and friends will do all they can to discredit the cheaper version.
You may well be correct about lobbying but, before prices were fixed, AZ had some hiccups in their field testing (giving half-doses in error ... and then having improved results that they were unable to explain) that the other manufacturers did not have and their achieved efficacy rate was and is much lower than their rivals'.
Pfizer and Moderna are using a novel approach and achieved 95% plus success rates in testing, a result which seems to have surprised the experts; AZ used a traditional approach and the last figure I remember seeing was in the region of 65% - but, here again, there have been various, different figures quoted. Against that background I can understand why some nations are a bit wary of trusting that vaccine completely.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I am getting my AZ on Saturday morning within the 60-70 age group. Anybody else had success with making an appointment?
Old Apr 8th 2021, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
I am getting my AZ on Saturday morning within the 60-70 age group?
In Sicily reservation is not yet open to that age group, just anyone in education (categorie mondo scuola), "target groups (medical workers)", the extremely vulnerable and people over 70. The average number or people vaccinated per day in Italy at the moment is 215,000 so 70% of the population will be vaccinated by March 2022 (quote from sole24ore)

Last edited by nicktonight; Apr 8th 2021 at 3:19 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

I am getting my AZ on Saturday morning within the 60-70 age group. Anybody else had success with making an appointment?
Which Region are you in, Phil, and if Veneto, which Province?
I was thrown by a headline today in a TGR bulletin referring to prenotazzione for vaccination; I had understood the system was being run by invitation.
As an aside, a letter arrived last week, at an address I use in Glasgow when needed, giving me an appointment there on the 13th. The NHS SCOT website did not allow me to cancel or opt-out as I'm over 75, I had to do so through the surgery that, presumably,, had supplied my name. It took 12-attempts over 4-hours to get through to a long taped message, then Beethoven's collected works then a human who could only repeat "It's nothing to do with us."
Old Apr 8th 2021, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I went on to the online booking system for Umbria and typed in my codice fiscale. It gave me 2 appointments for the first and second jab. I think people must be refusing the AZ. My partner is in the at risk group.

Last edited by philat98; Apr 8th 2021 at 6:12 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I went on to the online booking system for Umbria and typed in my codice fiscale. It gave me 2 appointments for the first and second jab. I think people must be refusing the AZ.
Lucky you!
There is a dearth of information in Veneto, or at least in Belluno province; a bit of a surprise as, in the early days of the crisis, Zaia was playing a blinder.
Aw the best!

Old Apr 8th 2021, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jiminalpago
Lucky you!
There is a dearth of information in Veneto, or at least in Belluno province; a bit of a surprise as, in the early days of the crisis, Zaia was playing a blinder.
Aw the best!
I wouldnt trust Zaia further than I could throw him.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Come on!
He's a graduate of the Conegliano Enological College and isn't there something in the Bible about no finer sight than a Leghista showing penance?
Old Apr 9th 2021, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Since this morning you can make a reservation for vaccination in Sicily if you are aged 65-70 and get vaccinated from next week.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicktonight
Since this morning you can make a reservation for vaccination in Sicily if you are aged 65-70 and get vaccinated from next week.
Same here at our comune but we have yet to go make the appointment.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 1:09 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jiminalpago
Which Region are you in, Phil, and if Veneto, which Province?
I was thrown by a headline today in a TGR bulletin referring to prenotazzione for vaccination; I had understood the system was being run by invitation.
I'm in Verona. Easter Sunday, we booked an appointment for Easter Monday for OH who is over 70. Either go to the Regione Veneto page and select your ULSS or go directly to your ULSS page. Our ULSS has since changed back to over80, but that is not necessarily true for all USSL's. Verona was missing vaccines for the 2nd dose for Over 80. They are now paying catch up before going forward with over 70's again.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 4:42 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
I'm in Verona. Easter Sunday, we booked an appointment for Easter Monday for OH who is over 70. Either go to the Regione Veneto page and select your ULSS or go directly to your ULSS page. Our ULSS has since changed back to over80, but that is not necessarily true for all USSL's. Verona was missing vaccines for the 2nd dose for Over 80. They are now paying catch up before going forward with over 70's again.
Just to add, some GP's in Veneto are vaccinating the 70 to 75 age group and you need to contact them.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Steady on, why pick on Sig. Zaia? There've got to be more likely candidates for your distrust.

My experience of the vaccination here in the provincia di Treviso is that the Veneto's website was straight forward and I was able to get appointments for my wife and I (both born between 1940 and 1951) at a nearby vaccination centre for Easter Monday; receiving Astra Zeneca jabs. Subsequently we both experienced flu-like symptoms (cold, shivering, aching muscles) for about 36 hours but feel fine now and hugely relieved that we have been able to take the first step towards immunisation.
Now hearing that the region has run out of supplies of vaccine with none expected until next Wednesday.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

I had my AZ this morning. My appointment was at 9am and the whole thing took only 30mins. It was done at a sports complex mainly by Protezione Civile. All very well organised and almost no queuing.
I didnt realise Zaia had studied wine production.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

In Piemonte we have pre-registered in the 60-70 age group but no idea when the vaccinations will be (did this as soon as the facility became available on Monday morning). We have also said we would be available for vaccination if any doses were unused at the end of the viability period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.