Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Unpaid Toll Ticket

Unpaid Toll Ticket

Old Sep 26th 2018, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of
Default Re: Unpaid Toll Ticket

Mine's on the windscreen behind the rear-view mirror, you can only see it from outside.

Out of interest, what's the recommended interval for changing the battery Phil?

Well worth having anyway, saves lots of times in queues, particularly if you live in a touristy area around holiday times when the other lanes are full.
Old Sep 26th 2018, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to change it every 4 years at a PuntoBlu office. It starts to make a different sound when the battery is finished but I never noticed. It says below that you must never reverse out of the toll gate!
Telepass: informazioni da sapere - QN Motori
I

Last edited by philat98; Sep 26th 2018 at 9:11 am.
Old Sep 26th 2018, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Thanks for the update.
I have found a couple of times the Telepass has buzzed just once if I'm too close to the car in front and the barrier has stayed down for me. In those instances, I've just had to use a paper ticket instead, which is annoying but not a disaster.
Old Sep 26th 2018, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

You did the correct thing.
I reversed out but then the telepass made the audio signal and I went on again.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

It still amazes me that you are charged a fee for having a Telepass gizmo that allows you to go through the toll booths. Sure, its a convenience for the users, but it's also damn convenient for the government. Whereas in England you get a discount when you hold a season ticket, you are effectively penalised in Italy for using a Telepass. But then customer service is a fairly alien concept when it comes to large organisations in Italy and government departments.

(I think I might have to change my moniker from Plan B to "Grumpy Old Man".)
Old Sep 30th 2018, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Plan B
It still amazes me that you are charged a fee for having a Telepass gizmo that allows you to go through the toll booths. Sure, its a convenience for the users, but it's also damn convenient for the government. Whereas in England you get a discount when you hold a season ticket, you are effectively penalised in Italy for using a Telepass. But then customer service is a fairly alien concept when it comes to large organisations in Italy and government departments.

(I think I might have to change my moniker from Plan B to "Grumpy Old Man".)
It is the same story at the Coop. You have to pay to get the members card. If they have a special offer you have to remember the coupons to get the discount even when their computer knows all your transactions.The only time you might get a discount is when it involves not getting a receipt and paying in cash. I am always suspicious of discounts now.

Last edited by philat98; Sep 30th 2018 at 2:20 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2018, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

GingerFlowers has a brilliant futureGingerFlowers has a brilliant futureGingerFlowers has a brilliant futureGingerFlowers has a brilliant futureGingerFlowers has a brilliant futureGingerFlowers has a brilliant future

All of it sounds like too much hassle :-)
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Accetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond repute

I drove on the motorway from Salerno to Florence in August and stupidly stored the ticket next to my mobile phone. trying to use the card payment booth at Florence the ticket just kept being spat back out at me. Someone came on the speaker asking where I had joined the motorway and I said Salerno and the toll fee appeared on the screen.
Do not store your toll tickets in, on or near your mobile!
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Accetturese
I drove on the motorway from Salerno to Florence in August and stupidly stored the ticket next to my mobile phone. trying to use the card payment booth at Florence the ticket just kept being spat back out at me. Someone came on the speaker asking where I had joined the motorway and I said Salerno and the toll fee appeared on the screen.
Do not store your toll tickets in, on or near your mobile!
That's where the toll roads in that area start,so you paid the maximum anyway.I'll remember that tip though,I didn't know that.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 5:03 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98

It is the same story at the Coop. You have to pay to get the members card. If they have a special offer you have to remember the coupons to get the discount even when their computer knows all your transactions.The only time you might get a discount is when it involves not getting a receipt and paying in cash. I am always suspicious of discounts now.
Ha la tessera Coop?
No - not yet.
La vuole Signora?
Maybe. Yes please.
That'll be €80 and you get some free organic coffee and pasta as a present. Discounts on some future products as well.
Wow! All that for €80. A bargain.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Ha la tessera Coop?
No - not yet.
La vuole Signora?
Maybe. Yes please.
That'll be €80 and you get some free organic coffee and pasta as a present. Discounts on some future products as well.
Wow! All that for €80. A bargain.
I only paid euro30 for my Central Italy card but didn't get any freebies. Since all the special offers are only for members you can save the money pretty quickly.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:27 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98

I only paid euro30 for my Central Italy card but didn't get any freebies. Since all the special offers are only for members you can save the money pretty quickly.
Well it might be less than €80 but I don't go to the Coop very often.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Our Coop has changed names 3 times,it was Sidis and then Auchen.We just changed card every time,never paid.We get loads of meat 50% off on the reduced section,which you can't get without a card.Is there a premium card that you do pay for.I'm happy with the cheap meat.