Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

UK TV, VPNs and ways to watch UK TV

UK TV, VPNs and ways to watch UK TV

Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:31 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV, VPNs and ways to watch UK TV

Hi Ononno,
BBC World News should be working on Hotbird 13 degrees but as my dish is not pointed in that direction I have no way to test the signal.
This is the link for the co-ordinates on the official website for the satellite -
http://www.eutelsat.com/deploy_tvLin...esTv.do?c=4712
Old Apr 19th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Hi Ononno,
BBC World News should be working on Hotbird 13 degrees but as my dish is not pointed in that direction I have no way to test the signal.
This is the link for the co-ordinates on the official website for the satellite -
http://www.eutelsat.com/deploy_tvLin...esTv.do?c=4712
Thanks Duffer. Better go up on the roof and have a look at the dish. Maybe the winter storms have misaligned it.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:32 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Are you getting anything else? If so, then it might be a technical fault with the channel. If not, then it's either the dish or the LNB at the end of the dish.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 5:43 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Are you getting anything else? If so, then it might be a technical fault with the channel. If not, then it's either the dish or the LNB at the end of the dish.
or at one or more connections to antenna components through to the actual box
wherever possible the cable from the LNB to the receiver should be a single run.
the only thing that can be wrong with "the dish" is it is pointing in the wrong direction - its only part in the system is to act as the signal catcher and throw the signal at the LNB, but only being a very small amount will make a huge difference.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody. Just for the record I've unplugged the box altogether. Don't need it really. Can now hook up the netbook to Filmon and an HDMI connection to TV. Cannibalised the box's cable. Only tried the satellite because t'internet were down on the day of Maggie's funeral.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
PS. might try a satellite again at the end of summer when they've sorted out all the pies in the sky.

Last edited by ononno; Apr 22nd 2013 at 5:59 am. Reason: typo
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

ducati_TT2 is an unknown quantity at this point

@Domino - you're right about the alignment sensitivity. I'm near Fidenza and watch FTA (I can't afford to pay for Sky) from Astra using an 80cm dish. It's a real pain to set up even with the signal meter - 2 to 3 mm of angular movement and it goes from ON to OFF. We lose the signal altogether when it rains. Ideally would like a bigger dish but I (along with many others I assume) am waiting to see what happens with the 'new' footprint.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 2:40 pm
Adz
Just Joined

Adz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, having a little trouble recording off filmon....u guys seem pretty savvy and I normally am in these things but can't get it sorted. I'm logged, free registered but recordings seem to fail.
I see to be clicking the right buttons but always have a large grey exclamation mark next to the programmer to be recorded....am I going wrong somewhere?
Old Apr 27th 2013, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Adz,
The grey exclamation mark is normal, and if you see "ACCEPTED" and then "RECORDED" under the "STATUS" heading , everything should be OK, even when your computer is switched off!
Another way of recording, is to use the FilmOn HD program, with the circular red shortcut icon. This has a red record button at the bottom right hand side of the screen, and records the current program to your hard drive (rather than programing in advance, as the other version).

John

Last edited by Saxy; Apr 27th 2013 at 6:10 am.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Saxy
Hi Adz,
The grey exclamation mark is normal, and if you see "ACCEPTED" and then "RECORDED" under the "STATUS" heading , everything should be OK, even when your computer is switched off!
Another way of recording, is to use the FilmOn HD program, with the circular red shortcut icon. This has a red record button at the bottom right hand side of the screen, and records the current program to your hard drive (rather than programing in advance, as the other version).

John
Sorry guys, in the FilmOn HDi paragraph I should have said grey record button. This turns to red when recording.

John
Old Apr 27th 2013, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

There seems to be a problem at the moment. Prog. recorded on Thursday plays OK, but since then it shows recorded but doesn't play.

John
Old Apr 27th 2013, 6:30 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be a problem at the moment. Prog. recorded on Thursday plays OK, but since then it shows recorded but doesn't play.

John
oh dear the great expat KIA is having problems explaining to others who to circumvent the copyright laws

never mind, normal service will be resumed - eventually
how much did you tell people they had to pay to receive potentially stolen intellectual property ??

Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Domino
oh dear the great expat KIA is having problems explaining to others who to circumvent the copyright laws

never mind, normal service will be resumed - eventually
how much did you tell people they had to pay to receive potentially stolen intellectual property ??

How many times must you be told that FilmOn SD is FREE, Get it NO CHARGE!
As I keep telling you, you really should read posts before you post one of your inane comments. You should also read your own before pressing 'Submit'
You have typed "who" instead of "how"
Old Apr 28th 2013, 3:49 pm

How many times must you be told that FilmOn SD is FREE, Get it NO CHARGE!
As I keep telling you, you really should read posts before you post one of your inane comments. You should also read your own before pressing 'Submit'
You have typed "who" instead of "how"
oh how cutting - Domino made a typo Domino made a typo

how petty can you get when you can't address the question - pick up on an obvious typo. do that all the time on BE and you will have a full time job, go on to Daily Mail and Daily Express and you will be on overtime

I am not interested in a company being free I am more interested in your leading the "something for nothing" brigade of internet terrorists that seem to think they can take for nothing.
you have already been knocked back by them charging for HD, the day will come when they have to pay for their output instead of "acquiring" it that all will be charged.
Nothing (including the internet) is Free in this world.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Why come to Italy to bicker? We have enough trouble of our own here with our bickering politicians. And if I can get summat for nowt will continue to use Filmon etc. whilst it's available. If it, or any other system, becomes unavailable, then I'll go back to books.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Apr 29th 2013, 8:04 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by ononno
Why come to Italy to bicker? We have enough trouble of our own here with our bickering politicians. And if I can get summat for nowt will continue to use Filmon etc. whilst it's available. If it, or any other system, becomes unavailable, then I'll go back to books.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."

Groucho Marx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.