Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

UK TV, VPNs and ways to watch UK TV

UK TV, VPNs and ways to watch UK TV

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:51 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV, VPNs and ways to watch UK TV

Strange that you cannot get any sound. Are you using a HDMI cable from the adaptor? Try rebooting your iPad and then trying again.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

No I don't need the HDMI .. only this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...le-vga-adapter

At Mediaworld theysaid the 'Lightning' one is no good pfor Ipad 1
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 3:43 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Ah of course it won't have sound, you got the VGA adaptor!!! VGA = video only. I thought the people on this thread suggested you to get the AV Digital adaptor together with a cheap HDMI cable? HDMI = digital audio & video. Works with iPad 1.

http://store.apple.com/it/product/MD...apple?fnode=3a

The Lightning connector is for new iPads only.

Last edited by duffer; Apr 2nd 2013 at 3:45 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by duffer
Ah of course it won't have sound, you got the VGA adaptor!!! VGA = video only. I thought the people on this thread suggested you to get the AV Digital adaptor together with a cheap HDMI cable? HDMI = digital audio & video. Works with iPad 1.

http://store.apple.com/it/product/MD...apple?fnode=3a

The Lightning connector is for new iPads only.
Yeah I realise that but as usual I went for the cheaper option.

Might get the proper digital thing when I get the i-pad 4...or 5...or 6 ..
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:14 am
Pull my finger

Nothing wrong with the cheap option especially considering how expensive Apple cables cost! It would be for the convenience you'd get the AV Digital cable.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Nothing wrong with the cheap option especially considering how expensive Apple cables cost! It would be for the convenience you'd get the AV Digital cable.
Point taken, but yes I did prefer the original Apple thing and they didn't have the digital one at MediaWorld anyway and I couldn't be a*sed to order on line . .I wouldn't have been able to watch Doctor Who!
Old Apr 10th 2013, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

FilmOn is now back, with all of the UK channels playing again.
Their lawyers must have been at work!
Old Apr 10th 2013, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Saxy
FilmOn is now back, with all of the UK channels playing again.
Their lawyers must have been at work!
Yes, as I said with streaming better than ever too as far as I'm concerned.

I can only see BBC1 -2 & ITV 1-2 C4/C4+ .. no BBC3 or 4
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Yes, as I said with streaming better than ever too as far as I'm concerned.

I can only see BBC1 -2 & ITV 1-2 C4/C4+ .. no BBC3 or 4
There are now 17 UK channels available, including CBBC/BBC3, and CBEEBIES/BBC4.
As a matter of interest, those two channels were never removed.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

There are now 17 UK channels available, including CBBC/BBC3, and CBEEBIES/BBC4.
As a matter of interest, those two channels were never removed.
Ok cheers - yes I saw the CB ones but not really my kind of viewing.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:59 am
Pull my finger

It's Children's BBC during the day and then BBC3 or BBC4 from 7pm UK time. BBC3 and 4 don't broadcast daytime.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

It's Children's BBC during the day and then BBC3 or BBC4 from 7pm UK time. BBC3 and 4 don't broadcast daytime.

. .thanks guys ..
Old Apr 10th 2013, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

. .thanks guys ..
It's a pleasure

Don't forget to register, so that you can enjoy the free recording facility!
It's a re-usable 10 hours of free recording
Old Apr 10th 2013, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

It's a pleasure

Don't forget to register, so that you can enjoy the free recording facility!
It's a re-usable 10 hours of free recording
Blimey! Hadn't realised that either . .live and learn eh?
How does it work on the ipad? Does it record a video file or what?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Blimey! Hadn't realised that either . .live and learn eh?
How does it work on the ipad? Does it record a video file or what?
No nothing on our devices, it's all done by magic at FilmOn. Once you have requested a program to record, you can even switch off and it will happen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.