Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal from Italy

Uk passport renewal from Italy

Old Sep 30th 2021, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

PSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal from Italy

This might sound silly (!)...............I am sending my passport back for renewal very soon and it's good to see these comments. Do I send it in a 'normal' jiffy bag ?

PSG
Old Sep 30th 2021, 7:43 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PSG2014
This might sound silly (!)...............I am sending my passport back for renewal very soon and it's good to see these comments. Do I send it in a 'normal' jiffy bag ?

PSG
I sent mine in a kind of reinforced cardboard envelope. Make sure UPS get your email address so that they can send you the address labels to print out.
Old Sep 30th 2021, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PSG2014

PSG
Or you could take it to someone like Mail Boxes Etc who use the main international courier companies such as FedEx, UPS and DHL and have branches throughout Italy: they will provide you with the appropriate semi-rigid cardboard packet. It's certainly worked for us whenever we have anything we want sent to the UK quickly and efficiently - including my own passport renewal a couple of years ago.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

I sent all mine in a jiffy envelope and it arrived safely.

12.08.2021 paid HM for new passport
31.08.2021 documents received by HM from Italy (poste italiane)

as of today I am still waiting to receive the new passport (website says 4-6 weeks but up to 10). Hope it arrives soon because I need it.

How long did it take for anyone else who has recently had a new passport issued?

Old Oct 3rd 2021, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

PSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese

as of today I am still waiting to receive the new passport (website says 4-6 weeks but up to 10). Hope it arrives soon because I need it.

How long did it take for anyone else who has recently had a new passport issued?

That is great info Pugliese ....thanks, ..............hopefully your passport does indeed arrive soon. I'm going to have to just go for it myself and hope for the best. I seem to recall you can get some sort of 'emergency' passport if required but I'd much prefer not to have to go down that route.

Fingers crossed !

PSG

Old Oct 4th 2021, 8:24 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Friend did her son's at the beginning of August. It took 6 weeks which includes the 12 days it took Poste Italiane to send the docs to Durham.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for your passport application. Unfortunately you did not enclose all necessary supporting documents.

What you need to do

Please send the following documents: proof of residency showing your current name.

If your documents are not in English, you must also send in an English translation. This must be attached to the original document and signed to confirm that it is a true translation of the original document. The person who completes the translation and signs the confirmation must be registered with an official organisation or trade body for translators, or employed by a recognised translation company.

Received the above-mentioned mail this morning. I'm in a right pickle now! I sent HM my new carta di identità front and back which shows the residency, obviously in my maiden name because I live in Italy and of course my old British passport which is in my married name as it has been for the last 30 years i.e. done 3 renewals, no problem!

I've been to the Comune and asked if they can give me a certificato di residenza in English with my maiden name sposata .......
No, signora, nothing in English and we can only give you a normal certificato di residenza and a certificato di matrimonio which shows your husband's name, all in Italian.

So, what do I send HM, remembering I have to have it all translated by a certified translator!

Don't think I'll be going on my cruise in November .....

and I thought it was going to be so easy to get a new passport online .....
Old Oct 4th 2021, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

You can request the certifcate of residence pluriingue - Italian,French and English.
https://www.soldioggi.it/certificato...-15809.html#in
Old Oct 4th 2021, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Gbinitaly is an unknown quantity at this point

So do they need a translation also for an identity card?
Old Oct 5th 2021, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your passport application. Unfortunately you did not enclose all necessary supporting documents.

What you need to do

Please send the following documents: proof of residency showing your current name.

If your documents are not in English, you must also send in an English translation. This must be attached to the original document and signed to confirm that it is a true translation of the original document. The person who completes the translation and signs the confirmation must be registered with an official organisation or trade body for translators, or employed by a recognised translation company.

Received the above-mentioned mail this morning. I'm in a right pickle now! I sent HM my new carta di identità front and back which shows the residency, obviously in my maiden name because I live in Italy and of course my old British passport which is in my married name as it has been for the last 30 years i.e. done 3 renewals, no problem!

I've been to the Comune and asked if they can give me a certificato di residenza in English with my maiden name sposata .......
No, signora, nothing in English and we can only give you a normal certificato di residenza and a certificato di matrimonio which shows your husband's name, all in Italian.

So, what do I send HM, remembering I have to have it all translated by a certified translator!

Don't think I'll be going on my cruise in November .....

and I thought it was going to be so easy to get a new passport online .....
Have you tried sending them a a bank statement or anything official from the UK showing your married name?
Old Oct 5th 2021, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Received the above-mentioned mail this morning.
I think people are missing the point here. She is applying for a passport renewal (same as the one before, i.e. in her MARRIED NAME) and the UK are insisting on proof of residency (but I presume that they mean address???) in that name. Which, as she seems to be registered in Italy in her MAIDEN NAME, won't easily (if at all) be done by the Italian authorities.

Te first thing to do is to check EXACTLY what they are looking for. If it is just confirmation of address, then I would imagine any recent letter from a 'reputable' UK source (government department, or maybe bank or insurance society) would do. If they really want proof of residence, then I can see there being a major problem.

Last edited by Serrano; Oct 5th 2021 at 8:34 am. Reason: ETA San Nico had already covered this ...
Old Oct 5th 2021, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes I could, but that wouldn't prove my residency.
Old Oct 5th 2021, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SanNico
Have you tried sending them a a bank statement or anything official from the UK showing your married name?
yes, I could, but that wouldn't prove my residency
Old Oct 5th 2021, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by philat98
You can request the certifcate of residence pluriingue - Italian,French and English.
https://www.soldioggi.it/certificato...-15809.html#in
Tried this today but my comune does not have them multilingual.

Searching on internet I found Allegato X for residency which is also bi-lingual Italian/English so I've asked them to fill that in and attach the Italian original.
Old Oct 5th 2021, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Serrano
I think people are missing the point here. She is applying for a passport renewal (same as the one before, i.e. in her MARRIED NAME) and the UK are insisting on proof of residency (but I presume that they mean address???) in that name. Which, as she seems to be registered in Italy in her MAIDEN NAME, won't easily (if at all) be done by the Italian authorities.

Te first thing to do is to check EXACTLY what they are looking for. If it is just confirmation of address, then I would imagine any recent letter from a 'reputable' UK source (government department, or maybe bank or insurance society) would do. If they really want proof of residence, then I can see there being a major problem.
Thank you Serrano, My residency is in Italy and has been for the past 30 years. I left England when I was 18 and have never lived there since. I sent them my new plastic Carta di identità which has my residency address and obviously my maiden name. I have no recent document with my married name. May be I should have asked for the new passport to be done in my maiden name .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.