TV in italy

Old Jan 11th 2022, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute
Default TV in italy

I'm thinking of getting a tv, first in a number of years.
What international channels will I be able to get on freeview? Will I need any extra boxes etc to be able to get English language services such as BBC World News, France 24, NHK World etc?
Old Jan 12th 2022, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV in italy

Heres a list.: https://www.tvdigitaldivide.it/lista...ale-terrestre/
Old Jan 12th 2022, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Rose68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always wanted to be able to watch BBC/ITV online streaming, but it seems so complicated to DO, you need a VPN?, and I think it isn't free.
Any suggestions?
Old Jan 12th 2022, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

The list seems to be just Italian language channels then.
I have no interest in watching Italian TV for anything - news, sport, whatever. . I am only interested in English language channels.
Can someone advise what I would need to get the channels mentioned above? Thanks.

(Rose68 - I sometimes watch BBC UK channels on iplayer (on my PC) with a free vpn - Windscribe, using one of the London location options, , which gives 10GB free per month. It's worked fine for me. I don't know about ITV . If you wanted to use a vpn via TV I'm not sure. Maybe stream via PC... ? Otherwise I can usually find UK domestic programmes on the torrents, for download.)

Last edited by campos; Jan 12th 2022 at 8:13 am.
Old Jan 12th 2022, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

The list includes BBC World NEws. ALso bear in mind that with digital, the channels can now broadcast in original language - just choose the option on your telecomando. If you want to watch Eastenders then you will need a smart tv and vpn and subscribe to a service like Transponder.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Eastenders was one of my favorite soaps. However, this was way back in the early 90s.
I will try for this VPN, but is it only a pagamento?
Old Jan 13th 2022, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by modicasa
The list includes BBC World NEws. ALso bear in mind that with digital, the channels can now broadcast in original language - just choose the option on your telecomando. If you want to watch Eastenders then you will need a smart tv and vpn and subscribe to a service like Transponder.
I see Sky Atlantic in the list (ch 456) - which occasionally has something worthwhile, series and so on - and France 24 (ch 135 and 143) but I can't see the wood for the trees re. BBC World News.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

VPN is just a piece of software to make the like of BBC connections look like they are in the UK. The folks selling it spend a lot of time getting around BBC attempts to stop this access by chaging servers/IP addresses. I never looked into why or how, but when using our UK mobile contract in Italy to "hot spot" to give our notebook internet we got access on the PC to the BBC tennis coverage. I suspect because the connection via the mobile looked like it was in the UK. Not that I would suggest this is viable for general access.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I also use my mobile as a hotspot. I don't think it matters where your mobile contract/connection is. As long as you connect to a site (iplayer for e.g.) via the VPN set to a UK server location, it will recognise you as being in that country.
If you Google ,say , Amazon and connect to it while your VPN is using a Norway or Netherlands server location, you'll get the their Amazon (or whatever) site. At least I do with Windscribe free version.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campos
I also use my mobile as a hotspot. I don't think it matters where your mobile contract/connection is. As long as you connect to a site (iplayer for e.g.) via the VPN set to a UK server location, it will recognise you as being in that country.
If you Google ,say , Amazon and connect to it while your VPN is using a Norway or Netherlands server location, you'll get the their Amazon (or whatever) site. At least I do with Windscribe free version.
Thing is I had no VPN on the PC... Using my normal access via my WIND SIM I could not access the BBC, switch to the mobile (UK Giffgaff sim) no problem.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Thing is I had no VPN on the PC... Using my normal access via my WIND SIM I could not access the BBC, switch to the mobile (UK Giffgaff sim) no problem.
ok gotcha.
I suppose you're up to speed on UK roaming changes for all but two major operators in these coming months. Not sure if giffgaff is a major player though!
Old Jan 13th 2022, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by campos
ok gotcha.
I suppose you're up to speed on UK roaming changes for all but two major operators in these coming months. Not sure if giffgaff is a major player though!
Yeah, GiffGaff is o2 is disguise, who are Telefonica in disguise Just announced recently they will not be reintroducing roaming charges
Old Jan 13th 2022, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

All sounds so complicated. I'll try for the VPN, but I'll probably just end up consulting my BBC news app, and Telegraph newsletters,at least for news updates.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

Hi Rose! I use a VPN via NordVPN - they had a good three year deal. I had never used one before so was a bit apprehensive but it's really simple to use - once installed you can select the country you want to connect to and away you go. I've been watching the BBC iplayer this evening and it was a good connection.

Regarding English language programmes on the TV, I leave this to OH but he finds plenty of things on Iris, Top Crime, Mediaset 20 etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.