Turin Life

Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Huan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turin Life

Hello all. Could be moving to Turin in the coming months and wondered what life was like there. I am a reasonably seasoned expat...Dubai, Kuwait & Russia....but have no idea how big the expat community is or more importantly what it gets up to.

So just casting my line to see what everyone is up to...simple as that.

Cheers
Ian
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Dest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Turin Life

Hey, Ian....

Definetely not much.. Just living our ordinary life. Turin is certainly worth visiting. I am 100% sure that you will love it.

Last edited by Dest; Mar 11th 2009 at 10:17 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

We plan to go in the spring for a weekend, lots of people tell me its a wonderfull city and it has (not sure if i am correct) the biggest Egyptian Museum in europe.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

sognatora is an unknown quantity at this point

Egyptian Museum is definitely worth a visit - seem to remember being told it holds the second largest egyptian collection in world (biggest being in Cairo...seems reasonable !). Went there with kids this time last year - lots of impressive stuff - real mummies in various states of 'un-wrap', BIG statues etc and LOTS of other stuff.

Having only been to Turin the once (other than the airport, don't think that really counts), experience limited, but seemed like a great place (my parents live an hour or so from there - so intend to go back !)

...planning a trip to the Aquarium at Genoa this Easter...also read that this was the 'second' biggest aquarium in Europe....
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sognatora
...planning a trip to the Aquarium at Genoa this Easter...also read that this was the 'second' biggest aquarium in Europe....
I've been to the aquarium in Genoa, worth a visit for sure.