Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

transport a few items from Italy to UK, anyone?

transport a few items from Italy to UK, anyone?

Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:33 am
Just Joined

drdeveril is an unknown quantity at this point
Default transport a few items from Italy to UK, anyone?

We moved to Tuscany because of my Italian sister living there and finding a flat and things like that, but have had to come back to the UK (London).

Unfortunately we left a few boxes and other items ((mostly Ikea) a futon, child's bed, high chair, plastic chairs) that we couldn't bring back with us. There are a few smaller more personal items too.

Is there anyone able to transport a small van's worth of stuff back to UK for a nominal fee?

Or any spare space in a car boot for at least the essential things?

The stuff is stored at Monteolivo near Castelfiorentino.

There is not a major rush.

Any other suggestions? We are not able to afford full commercial rates for things that aren't worth as much as that would cost.

Many thanks

Deveril xxx
Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Billybrewer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: transport a few items from Italy to UK, anyone?

Originally Posted by drdeveril
We moved to Tuscany because of my Italian sister living there and finding a flat and things like that, but have had to come back to the UK (London).

Unfortunately we left a few boxes and other items ((mostly Ikea) a futon, child's bed, high chair, plastic chairs) that we couldn't bring back with us. There are a few smaller more personal items too.

Is there anyone able to transport a small van's worth of stuff back to UK for a nominal fee?

Or any spare space in a car boot for at least the essential things?

The stuff is stored at Monteolivo near Castelfiorentino.

There is not a major rush.

Any other suggestions? We are not able to afford full commercial rates for things that aren't worth as much as that would cost.

Many thanks

Deveril xxx
Happy New Year,

I am backwards and forwards from Tuscany to the Midlands often, by Ryanair though. I you want to consider to hiring a van and I can drive it back for you one time. Please send me a message if this is of interest. Cheers
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

enterprise1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a job here to be had.................. now that the pound has dropped and soon to be worth less than the euro, people from Europe and the USA ETC are going to the UK to buy stuff............ so instead of buying the new bed or fridge locally why not use a van and if enough people use the system transport goods to Italy from the UK you'll get good value...... Think about it...... I'll be getting a new bed, wood burning stove and fridge. If youre worried about the electrical plugs etc, being an electrician I can soon change them for you.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 1:34 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Billybrewer
Happy New Year,

I am backwards and forwards from Tuscany to the Midlands often, by Ryanair though. I you want to consider to hiring a van and I can drive it back for you one time. Please send me a message if this is of interest. Cheers
This could be a useful idea, I live in Worcester in the midlands and intend to move out to Calci, near Pisa in March/April, I need to hire a van and use it to move my major large items, beds 3 piece suite etc, any help in finance and sharing of the driving/space of the van would be very interesting to me. Maybe there is a beginnings of a cottage industry here? I am open to Ideas. PM me if your interested in taking this further.

Seasons greetings to one and all
Old Jan 4th 2009, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Well I'll be right down the bottom of Italy and into Sicily. So I could cover all areas....... I was going to take the seats out of my car and get the ferry down from Genoa to cut the driving time. The size of van needs to be worked out and its use of fuel and ferry costs.........
All I know last time I flew Ryanair and my 10kgm suitcase was more expensive than my ticket and taxes.
And as we all know....... 10kgms is not a lot

The car is about the cheapest on the ferry from UK to France apart from on foot.... Cant get any sence from the Ferry operator in Genoa about prices.... so was just going to turn up and wait for the cheapest time. As I have 60 insurance on my car in Europe. I was going to use it and dump it in Sicily after the last trip ( or of course.... whos counting the days I spend out of the UK? )
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Andys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really nice

Hi,

I've got an apartment in Amantea, Calabria which I need to furnish. I have been looking into driving over in a van with all my furniture but if you are going over anyway then maybe we could look at doing a deal of some sort for your services & I could meet you there if you were interested?

My Aunt has also purchased the aprtment next door to me & she would also be looking to send furniture over.

Andy

Originally Posted by enterprise1999
Well I'll be right down the bottom of Italy and into Sicily. So I could cover all areas....... I was going to take the seats out of my car and get the ferry down from Genoa to cut the driving time. The size of van needs to be worked out and its use of fuel and ferry costs.........
All I know last time I flew Ryanair and my 10kgm suitcase was more expensive than my ticket and taxes.
And as we all know....... 10kgms is not a lot

The car is about the cheapest on the ferry from UK to France apart from on foot.... Cant get any sence from the Ferry operator in Genoa about prices.... so was just going to turn up and wait for the cheapest time. As I have 60 insurance on my car in Europe. I was going to use it and dump it in Sicily after the last trip ( or of course.... whos counting the days I spend out of the UK? )
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sort a van ETC out and I'll do the driving............. I'll be buying furniture ETC when I'm out there..... I was just going to use my car with personal items, computer and such like as the weight will be to expensive for Ryanair. Plus it will save on car hire at the other end.
But if anyone needs a driver and help loading and unloading at any time, I'm your man.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Andys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really nice

Sounds like a plan to me

First I've got to complete on my apartment, then I can arrange when would be best to try and get the stuff over!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:02 am
Just Joined

paulad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Are you still moving to nr Pisa ? .....I have some stuff that i want moving to nr Bagni Di Lucca, which is about 1.3 hrs from Pisa. I don't really want to drive, but can assist with the finances. Let me know , thanks !

Originally Posted by kevray
This could be a useful idea, I live in Worcester in the midlands and intend to move out to Calci, near Pisa in March/April, I need to hire a van and use it to move my major large items, beds 3 piece suite etc, any help in finance and sharing of the driving/space of the van would be very interesting to me. Maybe there is a beginnings of a cottage industry here? I am open to Ideas. PM me if your interested in taking this further.

Seasons greetings to one and all