Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Tracing a Relative

Tracing a Relative

Old Nov 8th 2017, 9:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tracing a Relative

Hi, I am trying to trace my Stepmother, Angela Anne Reynolds, who I believe emigrated to Italy quite some years ago. She lived in Rome as a young woman and speaks fluent Italian but I don't know which area she may have settled in, except that she had close friends in the Udine area.

Bit of a long shot but if anybody has any info I would be grateful.

Many thanks.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Default Re: Tracing a Relative

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Hi, I am trying to trace my Stepmother, Angela Anne Reynolds, who I believe emigrated to Italy quite some years ago. She lived in Rome as a young woman and speaks fluent Italian but I don't know which area she may have settled in, except that she had close friends in the Udine area.

Bit of a long shot but if anybody has any info I would be grateful.

Many thanks.
Hi,

I don't know her myself, I'm afraid, but it occurs to me that, if she came to Rome, and lived there for some time, and if it was some time ago, when things were more civilised than now, then the British Embassy may have some record of her. One used to be expected to register with the embassy, which one did because it meant that thereafter one would be invited to the embassy every year to celebrate HM's birthday, and although that doesn't seem to happen so much now (I don't get invited anyway, and if I did I don't know if I'd go. I've heard that nowadays the Queen's Birthday parties are "sponsored" by big business) I think they'll have kept their records, if for no better reason than that it'd be more trouble to destroy them than just to leave them. Perhaps somebody here knows someone who can look for you.

Last edited by Sancho; Nov 10th 2017 at 7:47 am.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sancho
Hi,

I don't know her myself, I'm afraid, but it occurs to me that, if she came to Rome, and lived there for some time, and if it was some time ago, when things were more civilised than now, then the British Embassy may have some record of her. One used to be expected to register with the embassy, which one did because it meant that thereafter one would be invited to the embassy every year to celebrate HM's birthday, and although that doesn't seem to happen so much now (I don't get invited anyway, and if I did I don't know if I'd go. I've heard that nowadays the Queen's Birthday parties are "sponsored" by big business) I think they'll have kept their records, if for no better reason than that it'd be more trouble to destroy them than just to leave them. Perhaps somebody here knows someone who can look for you.
Good idea, thanks for the suggestion!
Old Nov 10th 2017, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

heres a long shot. Look up casa angela B&B in Udine - Angela is obvioulsy mother tongue english and has perfect italian. You can always drop a line, you never know.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 11:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by modicasa
heres a long shot. Look up casa angela B&B in Udine - Angela is obvioulsy mother tongue english and has perfect italian. You can always drop a line, you never know.
Gosh, that has to be a hot possibility! I can well imagine Angela running a B&B. I shall check it out! Many, many thanks!
Old Nov 10th 2017, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Gosh, that has to be a hot possibility! I can well imagine Angela running a B&B. I shall check it out! Many, many thanks!
Chi siamo - B&B Udine Casa Angela

Does this help in any way? Angela's nephew now runs the B & B.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Chi siamo - B&B Udine Casa Angela

Does this help in any way? Angela's nephew now runs the B & B.
Again, very many thanks. I am not aware of any nephews - but who knows? Looking at the photos & reviews this establishment certainly appears to be very much her style! Right now I am drafting an email (very carefully!) to establish contact.

Wow, this forum is good!
Old Aug 9th 2018, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Well, I haven't succeeded, neither have the Salvation Army, but I did find this - a recent offer for sale of one of her letters!

Under the description: A LETTER ON CREFFIELDS PRIVATE NOTE PAPER UNDATED - PLEASE JUDGE ERA FOR YOURSELF FOLDED ACROSS CENTRE AND DOWN MIDDLE

Amazing what you can find!
Old Aug 9th 2018, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Wind and Rain seems an approriate production for Southport. I wonder what year it was staged?
Old Aug 9th 2018, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by philat98
Wind and Rain seems an approriate production for Southport. I wonder what year it was staged?
Indeed! I reckon about 1958.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Crickey, didn't know you could make money out of old letters. Must dig a few of mine out. Some thank you notes from once famous personalities/politicians/Parliament!
'o nonno
Old Aug 10th 2018, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ononno
Crickey, didn't know you could make money out of old letters. Must dig a few of mine out. Some thank you notes from once famous personalities/politicians/Parliament!
'o nonno
Just goes to show - worth checking the archives!
Old Aug 11th 2018, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried Facebook expat groups for the area?
Old Aug 11th 2018, 10:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cermignano
Have you tried Facebook expat groups for the area?
Good idea - thank you!
Old Aug 11th 2018, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

So was the B&B not your Angela?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.