Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on?

TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on?

Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:19 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on?

B&J use double cream man and just chuck in lots of goodies. You cannot get more technical than that! But if you like yoghurt and liquorice flavours then yeah go for the artigianale stuff. And everywhere does the Kinder flavour...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:01 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

And Bacio. We get After Eight as well locally, which I find amusing for some reason!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

genzana is an unknown quantity at this point

NOTHING beats Italian pistacchio icecream!

Has anyone been to the gelateria in San Valentino Citeriore (or something like that) off the Rome-Pescara road? It has won best gelato in Italy several times I think, and is amazing!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

sharonsmu is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: TOP UK MISSED PRODUCTS -what do you stock up on?

Hello,

If you google expat food, there is a good website that can get you almost anything british, ....... at a price though!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:06 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharonsmu
Hello,

If you google expat food, there is a good website that can get you almost anything british, ....... at a price though!
Some are better than others too, from all accounts. I've only used British Corner Shop and it was good and reliable, but like you say, expensive. I think the hunt is almost better than the chase, as they say, it feels quite good to track down something you thought you couldn't get, but once you've tried it again, with a few exceptions, it's never quite a good as you remember it!

Exception - Branston Pickle, everything and more that I remembered!! Looking forward to my Crunchies though.......
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Branston pickle - if only for being able to say 'bring out the Branston!' in football chant style at the dinner table.

Other than that I've pretty much adapted to everything. Teabags for visiting Englishe peoples.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:49 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Branston pickle - if only for being able to say 'bring out the Branston!' in football chant style at the dinner table.

Other than that I've pretty much adapted to everything. Teabags for visiting Englishe peoples.
Bet you don't also sing,

"for mash get Smash"
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I'll try it next time the puré is out!