Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:56 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TALK THE TALK. ITALIAN LANGUAGE QUESTIONS.

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I don't like it either, but sometimes it's easier to just write the same shit that the Italians do and not waste any more time wracking your brains to try and find a better way of putting it.

So true. Thank you1

I have just written reorgansiation of organisations so am definitely losing the will to live
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

What about Volontary Principal and organisational restructuring ?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:35 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
What about Volontary Principal and organisational restructuring ?
Brilliant Hadenough ;

I like voluntary principle and had already gone for reorganisation of structures but yours is better.

only 9 paragraphs to go before I can runaway
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Verbal masturbation is an Italian form of sadomacho.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 8:01 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by ononno
Verbal masturbation is an Italian form of sadomacho.
True but why inflict their verbosity on me - gits ;

I am familiar with the subject and could have written the document from scratch in about 1/3 of the words originally used and saved both of us a lot of time and me a lot of heartache.

oh well, quando a Roma fai come i Romani!
Old Apr 21st 2013, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

sabato will become famous soon enough

I'm translating this joke, but just need to check that I've got the punchline correct. Please could you translate it for me. Thanks. It's an American joke so I guessed the euro conversion!

A Honda mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a Honda when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop.
The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come
and take a look at his car when the mechanic shouted across the garage, Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?
The cardiologist, a bit surprised walked over to where the mechanic was working on the Honda . The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked,
So Doc, look at this engine. I opened its heart, took the valves
out, repaired or replaced anything damaged, and then put everything
back in, and when I finished, it worked just like new.

So how is it that I make €30,000 a year and you make €1million a year when you and I are doing basically the same work?

The Cardiologist paused, leaned over, and then whispered to the mechanic....... Try doing it with the engine running.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:54 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sabato
I'm translating this joke, but just need to check that I've got the punchline correct. Please could you translate it for me. Thanks. It's an American joke so I guessed the euro conversion!

A Honda mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a Honda when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop.
The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come
and take a look at his car when the mechanic shouted across the garage, Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?
The cardiologist, a bit surprised walked over to where the mechanic was working on the Honda . The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked,
So Doc, look at this engine. I opened its heart, took the valves
out, repaired or replaced anything damaged, and then put everything
back in, and when I finished, it worked just like new.

So how is it that I make €30,000 a year and you make €1million a year when you and I are doing basically the same work?

The Cardiologist paused, leaned over, and then whispered to the mechanic....... Try doing it with the engine running.
Provi a farlo con il motore sempre acceso
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

sabato will become famous soon enough

Thank you.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 12:48 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

senza prescindere tuttavia

anyone got a good idea how to translate this?

I am thinking of something like;

however, must not disregard

any ideas welcomed

Thanks Mike
Old Jun 4th 2013, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Something like "without however excluding...", but it's difficult to be sure without knowing the context. Have you tried this forum? You can get a lot of help there. They'll want to know the context and a complete sentence plus your attempt, however bad. You have to join to ask a question, but it only takes a few minutes.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 6:34 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by jonwel
Something like "without however excluding...", but it's difficult to be sure without knowing the context. Have you tried this forum? You can get a lot of help there. They'll want to know the context and a complete sentence plus your attempt, however bad. You have to join to ask a question, but it only takes a few minutes.
many thanks
Old Jun 4th 2013, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
senza prescindere tuttavia

anyone got a good idea how to translate this?

I am thinking of something like;

however, must not disregard

any ideas welcomed

Thanks Mike
something like '' without forgetting '' or '' not excluding ' or even '' bearing in mind ''
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:03 am
Dunroaming back in UK

something like '' without forgetting '' or '' not excluding ' or even '' bearing in mind ''
thanks Hadenough.

the context is:

the need for an evolutionary approach (but taking into account or not forgetting or not excluding) existing policy

That gives me a few idea to juggle with now, oh how the days do fly
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

an approach that encompasses current policy , to take a forward looking approach that incorporates /embodies the exsisting structure / policy ...
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:12 am
Dunroaming back in UK

an approach that encompasses current policy , to take a forward looking approach that incorporates /embodies the exsisting structure / policy ...
you are a superstar that's perfect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.