Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

SUGAR SANDWICHES ????

SUGAR SANDWICHES ????

Old May 15th 2008, 12:28 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SUGAR SANDWICHES ????

It was a Breville and still is in the UK. You can get almost identical things here too.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:34 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

ah - good - I haven't completely killed off all my memory cells yet !
Old May 15th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh Lorna - if you go to LIDL this week they've got this exact model of toaster for sale and it's only 9.99!! I don't think I'd ever seen them over here before either.
Old May 15th 2008, 4:14 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Is Florence really the fount of civilisation then?

I know the Florentines think it is the case, but that we even have sandwich makers in the (very large - tee hee) electrical shops must make it close to being!

Sorry, glass of wine kicking in. Needed as trying to teach 4 year old how to play games on PS2 - bought her Cars - brother has discarded it for XBOX360 and much more violence and online game play. Having said that it is my PS2 really..... I like gadgets, why I have the i-touch with no storage and not the Classic like the boys!!
Old May 27th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jonnie-falafel will become famous soon enoughJonnie-falafel will become famous soon enough

I had granulated sugar sandwiches as a kid. White bread thickly spread with butter, a sprinkling of the old Tate & Lyle and folded over.... great when too hungry to wait for dinner. I also had crisp sandwiches and occasionally I still do.

Whilst on the subject of chocolate spreads I've just got hold of Seggiano Dark Chocolate Hazelnut spread which knocks spots off Nutella. I've given up putting it on toast and am now spooning it straight from the jar. They do one with coffee added too, only that one has a dairy content so I don't eat it... sounds interesting tho'.
Old May 27th 2008, 5:52 pm
The Original Red Head!

Johnnie where did you get it from? Are you still in the UK?
Old May 27th 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

irish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really nice

I remember when I was a little tot my mum used to make melted mars bars on toast. Don't think it really took off though! Wonder why? yuk yuk yuk
Old May 27th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jonnie-falafel will become famous soon enoughJonnie-falafel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Johnnie where did you get it from? Are you still in the UK?
If you look on www.seggiano.co.uk it lists all UK suppliers.... however, it doesn't mention the spread! But trust me, they do it and it's great.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:05 pm
The Original Red Head!

Ah, well, I'll look out for it next time I'm in the UK! Thanks.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:07 pm
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by irish girl in italy
I remember when I was a little tot my mum used to make melted mars bars on toast. Don't think it really took off though! Wonder why? yuk yuk yuk
I've really, really tried to ignore this post, but no, I can't!! MARS BARS ON TOAST!!! Were you on the at risk list?!
Old May 27th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

sands will become famous soon enough

Your comment has made me laugh so much TR
Old May 28th 2008, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

irish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really niceirish girl in italy is just really nice

And not only mars bars on toast there is also a recipie for fried mars bars, but mum didn't do that one, thank you dio.

It was all the rage way back then.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:52 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

My mum gave me sliced mars bar sanwiches too. That was when Mars Bars were Mars Bars. I regret to say that she insisted upon margarine and brown bread. This was coomonplace where I lived - in Scotland. Put it down to being celtic!!
Old May 28th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Well thank goodness I'm not the only one. We only tried it once and it was also on brown bread called "veda" think you only get that in Ireland though. I remember trying to pick the melted mars off and leaving the toast.
Old May 28th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

kathrynverona is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember being really shocked at a friend's birthday party when we were served banana sandwiches...
on the same sort of theme my kids told me last night that the cat had been to the shops to buy an ice-cream pizza, I'm still waiting for him to come back with it! I know a pizza place east of verona where they do pizzas with nutella, fresh fruit and cream, well worth a try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.